News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

FireFox

Started by Griffin NoName, April 12, 2015, 09:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Having more than one plugin for the same thing is begging for issues, decide and remove whatever you won't be using and that will likely improve your situation.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

The two plugins for history do different things. One is merely a button to open the full history window - ie. does the same things as on the menu, but as a button. I don't think that could interfere with the other history plug-in at all.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They don't need to do the exact same thing, they only have to make the exact same low level call within the codebase to create a conflict.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

They won't do that.

I think I've found the cause of my major issue. Which has always been that after a while there's some application which runs and runs and runs making it virtually impossible to use the machine. Couldn't find out what the application was even with advanced tools that I downloaded.  Not directly to do with FireFox (happens wien using IE too) but Firefox revealed it. It appears to be Shockwave. I set it to always ask and I've not been allowing it, and the machine perfoms normally.

I wonder if Shockwave (which has had loads of updates in the last few weeks) no longer works correctly with Vista.

Well, it's a theory.

EDIT a quick google - it may well be something of the sort
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand