News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

In Memoriam

Started by Griffin NoName, August 16, 2014, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Robin Williams - such a sad ending
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Darlica

:pillar:

"Dead Poets Society" came to Swedish cinemas in January 1990, I was 15 then and already a bit "weird" I loved that movie I think I saw it at least 3 times that spring...

I heard he suffered form sever depressions most of his life, I'm not surprised. A lot of his characters has a darker streak some where in the silliness and his serious ones has a streak of humour.
To me humour (often the slightly twisted kind) is a tell tale sign of depression, it's a defence system working both outwards and inwards.

It breaks my heart how cruel and heartless some people have behaved towards his daughter Zelda on Twitter and other social media.
My thoughts goes to the family, I hope the family gets the time and space they need to cope with the grieving.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Darlica, I so agree with you. He was also in the early stages of Parkinsons Disease. Maybe that was one step to far for him. So many comediens have severe depression. It is sad that to be funny you need to feel grim, well mostly it seems.

I can't choose a best film. Perhaps Patch Adams - he was amazing in that. We've just had Good Will Hunting and Good Morning Vietnam on TV so have recorded  to watch later (for the umpteenth time). So good in both. I'm not sure if watching will make me too sad.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

I have decided that rather than be sad about his passing, as sad as that is, I am going to be happy for all the joy he gave us. He was a great man and a true human being. Nanu, nanu, Robin dear.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

:pillar:

I am stuck wondering if the manner of his death was a black-comedy in-joke. Did anyone see World's Greatest Dad?
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Robin was brilliant as well as funny.

Sometimes, incredibly smart folk are able to see past the wrapping, to the real that is underneath; it could well be Robin saw the inevitable, and decided to exit stage left, while he was still ... himself.

A sentiment I can easily identify with, myself.

While I grieve for his loss?  I will celebrate his life's work-- to make people laugh, to bring joy and meaning to people's lives.

A goal he can continue to achieve, long after his mortal remains are dust.

So I raise a toast to Mr Williams' success.  May he find peace in his last act.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.