News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Heaven can be a TV soap after all

Started by Griffin NoName, March 17, 2014, 02:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

So, I was just watching a TV soap, at least it isn't a soap, but I call it one as it is pretty silly and not great TV. Then something unimaginable happened. Alfie Boe turned up playing........... an opera singer. Then another unimaginable happened, he sang Danny Boy, which is just one of my absolute best songs. I am so over-excited I've had to take a valium. Which all goes to show, if you watch enough TV soaps, eventually it will pay off.

oh and just in case you've forgotten who Alfie Boe is............

[youtube=425,350]qsJJbjAx_AU[/youtube]

.............and Danny Boy - for JFK thingy

[youtube=425,350]yiSgx9i6Nog[/youtube]
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Ooh, our choir's singing Danny Boy.  I will post a video / link if one is available; I think we are recording in April for fun. 
Our first performance was today, but the big show is tomorrow for St. Paddy's.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Beautiful song. You know, if you sing it some parts of Boston everyone around you will just stand there and bawl their eyes out. I remember wandering around Faneuil Hall one evening and some lovely irish tenor was singing it in a bar and even the people outside (where I was) stopped and cried.