News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

DEMOCRACY IN THE DIGITAL AGE

Started by Darlica, December 10, 2013, 09:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

I have just signed the petition "A STAND FOR DEMOCRACY IN THE DIGITAL AGE" on Change.org.

A petition against mass surveillance on the internet, I think this is important, so I post the link below.

I'm fed up with NSA, and their Swedish little brothers FRA reading mails and logging phone calls and messages.

There isn't much one small person can do against a government, but one can at least try.
Opening a letter and reading somebody else's mail is considered a crime, and if the police wishes to do so they need to go to prosecutor and get a search warrant. I think the same should apply for mails and cellphone messages.

http://www.change.org/petitions/a-stand-for-democracy-in-the-digital-age-3?share_id=KOUKrtDByM&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Please read the petition and sign if you feel that this is something you can stand behind.

Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Well, they're logging us already, I wonder how much does it raise our profile* by signing those petitions... ;)

*heck, I donated to wikileaks when it was easy, I wonder how high am I on the list now... :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

I thought by signing, now they'll monitor me, but I have nothing to hide except my right to privacy being breached, so I signed. It was in the Guardian this morning.

I also signed to stop MPs getting 11% pay rise when everyone else is on 0-1%
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 10, 2013, 05:43:03 PM
I also signed to stop MPs getting 11% pay rise when everyone else is on 0-1%
Hey, everybody knows what happens to top heavy societies but why stop now while the champagne is flowing?  ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.