News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"Canadian Smalltalk" (weather - all nations included!) Thread

Started by Aggie, November 29, 2006, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Quote from: Lindorm on February 15, 2011, 07:28:23 PM
We had a spell of spring-like weather in january with temperatures of +7-9 degrees, sunshine and twittering birds. At the end of last week, the spell broke, and we have been having -15 to -20 and heavy snowfall since then.

We did not drop that far (and the snow is only of the alibi kind) but essentially same story. Wind still like poor man's x-ray
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

The windows are open today! We're headed for the mid 60's F.

I have missed having air in the house.

Aggie

-33C at the site yesterday morning, and probably the same today.  Taking a late start, because the equipment gets a bit cranky about starting at those temperatures.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Temperatures are below zero but it feels much much colder that the thermometer will admit. Even only light wind creates the impression at the moment that we are below -20°C while we are somewhere 0 and -10°C (the latter during the night).
Don't know the reason. Can't be humidity, it hasn't rained or snowed for quite a long time.

Aggie

I don't like to think about the wind chill. I'd not need to be specifying the temperature scale if that was involved, I think.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Here in the mouth of the Caribbean it's starting to heat, 28C for today (and the humidity is fortunately ~50%). I can't complain, but give it a few more weeks (and a higher humidity) and I'll be complaining.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

We're in the mid 50's F here today, windy with alternating sunshine and rain showers.

Yesterday I saw the first grackle of the season, but have not yet heard the spring peepers.

Swatopluk

The wind is not even strong.
---
Weather looks good but I have not yet been outside

Aggie

You just need some hardening-off.  Come to Alberta; after a week of spending time outdoors at -25 or -30, ten below feels like a warm spring day.

You take my job, I'll go visit Zono. ;)  Looking forward to the temperatures getting up to +40C this summer, back home (not humid, and we have very nice lakes handy to cool off in).
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

No problem if it is dry cold.

Weather actually quite nice today and I could go out without cap and with a light jacket.

Aggie

Hmph.  You just freeze-dry.  I'm not sure that it's possible to have significant moisture at those temperatures; most of it just gives up and falls out.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

But not all of it. And at those temperatures one really notices even small differences

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Opsa

Mid 60's F today, slamming against a cold front. Thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Most have passed, now. It's the pre-spring roller coaster!