News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"Canadian Smalltalk" (weather - all nations included!) Thread

Started by Aggie, November 29, 2006, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Well, Swato ended up having to edit my already demolished and replaced after 3 edits post, all from trying to use a Wikipedia URL.

Wiki is gettin' on my nerves!!
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Brother Cuzzen on March 20, 2007, 08:04:16 AM
All the talk of beer has made me thirsty,However the only beer i can't get enough of is ginger beer.

Any other type of beer seems a waste of good water and barley to me.

If you like ginger-y beers, you might want to check out the Church Key Brewing Company's Ginger Rosemary Spiced Ale this summer (it's only offered seasonally).  I know that the Renaissance Cafe on the Danforth (west of Woodbine) has Church Key on tap... if you're not near there, you'll likely have to do some exploring to find it (or take a road trip to Campbellville).

Bruder Cuzzen

The Renaissance? That place is half a block down the road from me,hanvn't been in there though since i don't frequent bars.It's never very busy in there.A little further at the Woodbine Valumart i can get two litres (half gallon) of Jamaican spiced ginger beer for a buck,it's quite good, has a lot of zip to it.

Small world... my friend's Dad owns the Renaissance; that's how I know it.

BTW - weather update: the swans came back in the warm weather, but then it got cold again.  It seemed like they were spending most of their time with their heads in their armpits (wingpits?).  It's starting to warm up again, though.

Aggie

Quote from: Brother Cuzzen on March 19, 2007, 08:22:02 PM
Hey Sib Lambicus,I only follow the actual playoffs,the regular season is far to long and overly violent for my liking.How some of those guys get away with criminal assaults is beyond me.

Heh, I might actually have to start watching again now that the Canucks are looking to make a run for it.  At least until the inevitable 2nd-round choke. 
WWDDD?

Aggie

Sunny but a bit chilly here today, and it's brewing up for an almighty dump of snow tomorrow...  the Weather Network has us on snowfall warning. :P

Inevitable spring dump... wonder if we'll get one in April, too....
WWDDD?

Hmm.  Crazy warm here: it got up to 20 yesterday, and it's supposed to hit 17 today.  Very foggy this morning, though.

Aggie

When I woke up it was completely bare - the snow hit about 20 minutes ago.
WWDDD?

It's getting warmer here, and lots of rain today.  The creeks are all flowing fast.

Aggie

It hasn't stopped snowing since last time I posted....  light, fluffy and not much accumulating.

It's -10 or colder, though.
WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

Hi Sibs, I don't think i can stand anymore of the overcast skys bringing me down and making me lathargic. It has been very windy as well the past few days as well.

And now there's snow on the ground.

I think I figured the problem: I haven't switched my calendar from March to April.  Hang on...

Fixed.  Let's see if that does the trick.  If we get warmer weather in the next few weeks, we'll know that it worked.   ;D

Aggie

Quote from: Brother Cuzzen on April 04, 2007, 10:09:21 PM
Hi Sibs, I don't think i can stand anymore of the overcast skys bringing me down and making me lathargic. It has been very windy as well the past few days as well.

I've hear it was a grey winter in the BC interior as well, this year.  That's one upside to Calgary... the weather is all over the place, it always snows in April, and it's often very cold, but the sun pops out and warms things above freezing fairly often, too.
WWDDD?

Bruder Cuzzen

Greetings Siblings,
                   Snow squalls and sub zero temperatures today, the wind is still fierce also...i personnally do not approve.

Bluenose

Autumn in Melbourne - clear sunny days around 22-24oC cool nights.  Just about perfect.  Been like that for the last week or so, looks like it's gunna be like that for another week or so, then a cool change for a day or so, then back to more of the same.  I just love this time of year!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.