News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"Canadian Smalltalk" (weather - all nations included!) Thread

Started by Aggie, November 29, 2006, 06:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 11, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
The reason strong coffee may work is that migraine is quite a common withdrawal reaction from not having coffee. When I used to drink a lot of coffee, I'd often wake up with a migraine. Used to happen if I smoked to excess too - withdrawal while asleep is a killer.

I frequently skip a day or three, without any coffee, and only herbal teas.  So it's not withdrawal I'm feeling here.  :D

In weather news:  Oklahoma weather has decided to skip spring entirely, and jump directly to hot-summer:  it was 85 frikkin' degrees today.  I had to crank up the A/C.  In March. 

... meh.

But April with her accompanying high-winds & much rain is just around the corner... [said with a deadpan voice] can't hardly wait.  oh.  joy.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Supposed to be horrible today, rain, cloud, winds, etc, but the sun is shining through my blinds.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Griffin NoName

^ mmmm sorry London always seems to get off lightly........
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

Snow and grey earlier this morning. Still cold but the sun came out and it's not so depressing now .

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

This weekend was supposed to be a cold, wet washout, but it has been pretty nice for late winter.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on March 17, 2013, 03:19:43 PM
This weekend was supposed to be a cold, wet washout, but it has been pretty nice for late winter.

Looks like it here too

Sibling DavidH

Snow all along the Black Mountains on the border.  Looks very pretty.  None here, though - yet.  ;)

Griffin NoName

Not as bad as predicted here. Though we did get thunder last night. Close enough for me to shut my laptop down. I always find thunder in col weather strange.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Been a lot cooler the last few days - have even been able to pull up the duvet at night!  Bliss!!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host