News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Gender Equality and Economic Growth

Started by Aggie, September 24, 2013, 07:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Quote from: Aggie on September 28, 2013, 11:26:05 PM
Thank you, and apologies for often approaching matters on a philosophical and highly idealized basis which may not apply to most people in the real world.  I tend to create my own reality and am sometimes out of touch with the broader situation. I get frustrated that actively trying to be a decent person lowers my intra-gender status in the eyes of some men; OTOH, I get along very well with women and being surrounded by women doesn't exactly hurt one's 'guy cred'.  ;)

Men in general need some work, IMHO, and it's my feeling that improving life for women in subsequent generations means improving the way we raise our men NOW, and taking a good hard look at the deep-set assumptions and attitudes held by both genders.  See the parallel thread in the Reef; I posted a fair bit over their on the subject.

I hear you and agree.

I am a dreamer, too, but I think it's cool that you say your ideals out loud (or type them in a public space) because I think that helps to implant them (uh-oh, did I say that?) in the collective consciousness.

I hope you get to be a dad someday (if it's your choice) and that you instill these thoughtful ideas in the minds of your children. It would be good to know that a new person was developing with such good morals.