News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Chinese inventor fabricates own bionic arms

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, August 11, 2013, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

http://youtu.be/aSvwsforehU

[youtube=425,350]aSvwsforehU[/youtube]

Okay, to be fair, they are not really "bionic" in the Steve Austin sense, but they are quite sturdy-- his "official" hands were too fragile for anything beyond minutia.  Worth watching.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

Well done!

Also, very sad that the culture (I'm guessing?) has ingrained the notion that someone maimed at work would be a 'free loader'.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on August 11, 2013, 06:32:13 PM
Well done!

Also, very sad that the culture (I'm guessing?) has ingrained the notion that someone maimed at work would be a 'free loader'.

That wasn't clear to me-- but as far as I understand Chinese culture (and that's pretty narrow in scope) anyone who is incapable in any way, is considered a burden on the family.

Who wants to be a burden? 

In any case-- I thought it ironic too, that a humble farmer, using mostly hand tools, was able to fabricate superior arms than what was available via official channels.

I'm told that in China, corruption is even more widespread than it was under the old Russian USSR--where corruption was so common, it was expected.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa