News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Referendum

Started by Griffin NoName, May 18, 2013, 08:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I demand an IN-OUT Referendum for Eurovision.  :-[
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Dou you want the abomination off your screen or have you fallen under its unclean spell and crave it?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Lindorm

Come on, the little girl who won the contest apparently said that she hoped her song would promote peace and happiness throughout the whole world, so it has to be all good, hasn't it? Also, Swedish TV apparently had some images from a gay wedding blitzing by for a few seconds  in the background of one of the interludes, so that's a major stroke for LBTQ rights all over the world, isn't it?

Sometimes, I am very, very happy that I don not own a TV.

:brainbleech:

...where is that barfing smiley when you need it?
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

You mean this one?
:barf:

(for future reference : barf : without the spaces)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 18, 2013, 08:59:53 PM
Dou you want the abomination off your screen or have you fallen under its unclean spell and crave it?

Which do you think?  >:(

Yes, Lindorm, if it did spread peace that would be fine and Dandy, but I somehow doubt it will make a difference in Syria (for example).  hhhhm, actually that would make a good if irreverant cartoon.

Of course Sweden's hosting was fantastic.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

...us kultural philistines got no idear wot yer all on about...

:giggle:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Wiki sez

The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la Chanson)[1] is an annual singing competition held among many of the active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).  ;)

I am not sure what "active" is all about. Or, indeed, what inactive members do. But probably if they don't sing, that is for the best.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Eurovision song contest - the horror, the horror...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.