News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Thatcher

Started by Griffin NoName, April 09, 2013, 04:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 10, 2013, 01:07:09 PM
And now there is a movement to get 'Ding Dong the witch is dead' back into the charts in celebration.
Indeed. Oppose Thatcherism by giving 79p to Apple or Amazon, who will slap DRM on what you just paid for, not pay royalties on it because it's too old, and then not pay Corporation Tax on the profit because apparently they sold it to you from Luxembourg. That'll show the Capitalist pigs...
:doh!:

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Amazon is selling music with DRM in the UK? They stopped doing that in the States years ago.  ???
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

I don't think Amazon does but I do think Apple does. Or maybe that's all just wishful thinking ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on April 12, 2013, 12:23:17 PM
Amazon is selling music with DRM in the UK? They stopped doing that in the States years ago.  ???
They do if you use their app / download program to buy it. Or at least they did the last time I bought anything that way. Which was, as you said, years ago. Well, maybe two or three years ago...

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In fact I didn't start buying music in Amazon until they removed the DRM (which they did before Apple), why on earth would I want DRM protected music files?

Griffin NoName

To stop your friends from stealing them?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It would only prevent ME to use them where I want them, that is, in my mp3 player, or my car, or my audio system, or where-ever-the-frak-I-want-them. The whole authorized device is the most idiotic thing ever conceived. Even now, if a CD is cheaper than digital I buy it and rip it.

It took long but the greedy labels finally learned their lesson and allowed non-DRM sales. I understand them as the lowest of the low but at least they are no longer the most stupid business on Earth.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on April 13, 2013, 04:52:10 AM
...  the most stupid business on Earth.

Indeed.  That would still be politics.  Here in the US, politics is the ultimate Big Business.   

... bleah.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)