News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Why I am going to Moidah Amazon

Started by Opsa, March 31, 2013, 07:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

The cast of the last children's play I directed and produced gave me a $25 gift card to Amazon.com last December. Really sweet of them!

BUT I have only been able to place one small order on it (for the theater). Now, with $17.15 left on the card I'd really like to get a kurta top that's on sale there, but every time I try to order, I get in a vicious cycle of order confirmation that leads me to a slightly different order conformation screen, the leads to nowhere. So nothing ever reaches my shopping cart.

I tried to buy something else a few weeks ago, and got into the same spiral. It's so weird! Sometimes I get a message when I sign in that warns me that I may be trying to log onto a phony site. So I back down.

I sure would like to place an order, but I just can't get it through.

I even tried contacting Amazon.com by email, but even the email won't go through!

Anyone else had trouble like this? Any suggestions?

The Meromorph

On the Amazon front/home page. Go all the way to the bottom.
There are three columns the third of which is headed "Let us help you"
The last item in that column is "Help" Click on it.

New Screen appears:
On the right hand side of that page is a ayellow bar with a blue button and a whitr arrow head. The bar says "contact us".  Click on it.

New screen appears
On section 1 click on "Something else" Then ignore section 1 (do not click on any of the offered buttons).

On section two select "Placing an order" from the pull down list, Another pulldown list appears. select "Other question about placing orders" from this one.
A Text entry box appears. Enter some more details of your problem.

On section 3 :
Click on the "Call Us" button
Call them, you will probably be wait listed and they will offer to call you back in X minutes. Take that option THEY WILL CALL YOU BACK, VERY CLOSE TO ON-TIME>
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin NoName

Another thing that occurs to me - how are you getting to the Amazon site - ie. are you sure it is the genuine one?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

I do hope there's no malware lurking on your machine and redirecting you.

Opsa

I did try the we'll call you thingy yesterday, Mero, but it didn't go through, either. So I called them and the recording said that I should call another time.

I phoned them today, got through promptly, and a nice lady emailed me directions on how to clear my cache/cookies. Then zam, I was in and ordered my kurta in nothing flat!

Their customer service department is very good, after all.

I have never had to clear caches before. I've always worked on a big heavy Mac , but now I have a laptop. Is this a laptop maintenance thing?

I feel like such a noob!

The Meromorph

Are you running ccleaner (free) regularly?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Huh-uh. What's that?

I have a Macbook Pro. I thought they cleaned themselves. Proves what I know!

Sibling DavidH

ccCleaner is excellent.  You can easily set it not to delete cookies you want, such as the one from this site, and to get rid of any others.

Opsa