News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Make your own Cameron poster

Started by Griffin NoName, March 21, 2013, 10:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Darlica on March 22, 2013, 11:36:25 PM
Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 22, 2013, 07:42:50 PM
Blair was a slimy little fantasist with a wife like Lady Macbeth, driving him on to ever greater abominations.  Like many effeminate leaders, he loved to get his toy soldiers out and send them off to pointless wars.

And those are his good points.

Oh, come on Dave... Effeminate?!
Opsa's right, calling someone an effeminate man just because you don't happen to like him or his ideas is degrading to not only all women kind but also to "proper" feminine men. *

Sorry Dave, I'm with the "girls" on this one. ;)

In the last three weeks I've had three people in my sitting room (different people). Each time the conversation has ended up being about immigrants. Not me starting it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Me too for 'em also.     ;)

My dad had a hella-time adjusting the gender-defining language he'd gown up with out where farming stops and ranching starts. He loved me even though I started ahem-ing his adjectives when I came of age. I loved him even though he resisted having his consciousness raised.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 22, 2013, 07:42:50 PM
Like many effeminate leaders, he loved to get his toy soldiers out and send them off to pointless wars.

Oh, is this a European thing? In NorThamrika it tends to be the leaders with the macho cowboy I'd-like-to-have-a-beer-with-that-guy image that love to start pointless wars.  Intellectual elitist types tend to get degraded as 'effeminate' because they don't start pointless wars.

I also object to the use of the term as a derogation, but maybe that's because I'm a slim-built male who can't grow a decent beer belly or set of man-boobs like the 'macho' guys. :P  ;) >:( :P

Quote from: Opsa on March 22, 2013, 08:18:00 PM
Speaking as a female, I respectfully object to the use of the word 'effeminate' as a derogatory term. Many females would love to end war, as it is our husbands and children that tend to die in them. I as a loidy find war as an act of aggression against women, as we are the ones most frequently left behind to mourn.
:soapbox:
...just sayin'....

At least you're often held up as being worthy of protection (in principle if often not in practice) and not considered disposable.  :P Luckily for me, males who aren't seduced by the call of the macho are less likely to be talked into fighting pointless wars.  I'll be damned if they're going to ship me off somewhere to shoot people, and even when the Yanks invade* I'd rather use my man-skills to hightail it to the hills and protect, shelter and feed my loved ones than join the resistance.

*nobody else would bother; also, we have vast reserves of oil and water so it's only a matter of time before the US feels the need to 'liberate' Canada.  ::)  :P

WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Actually, I find the idea culturally intriguing, Britain has been the one place with a history with very strong female characters, from Elizabeth I to Mrs. Thatcher. Then again having a perceived weak character isn't necessarily feminine (like say, prince Charles) and while many things can be said about Mr. Blair, weak of character doesn't sound like one of them. 

Besides to my knowledge the only closet he left was the one hiding his Catholicism... :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on March 23, 2013, 01:36:13 AM
nobody else would bother; also, we have vast reserves of oil and water so it's only a matter of time before the US feels the need to 'liberate' Canada.  ::)  :P

Would not be the first attempt. In 1812 the results were not pretty (for the US).
In the era of Bush the Lesser some rightwingers daydreamed of invading Canada to root out the threats of cheap pharmaceuticals* and universal health insurance. But Harper was probably cheaper, and pervy border guards got the chance to bodysearch US seniors.

*pharmacies in Florida sold city maps of Canadian border cities because it was cheaper for seniors to drive to Canada and back for their prescription drugs than to buy them at home. This way the shops did not lose their customers completely.

Sorry for the :offtopic:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.