News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Why I Love Election Day

Started by Opsa, November 06, 2012, 03:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

I dunno, but we're all behind you...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on November 07, 2013, 06:05:19 PM
I don't think it's coincidental that Pluto rules the underworld and Mammon the surface...  >:(

Same thing, possibly the same god:
Quote from: wikiPlato says that people prefer the name Plouton, "giver of wealth," because the name of Hades is fear-provoking.[11] The name was understood as referring to "the boundless riches of the earth, both the crops on its surface—he was originally a god of the land—and the mines hidden within it."What is sometimes taken as "confusion" of the two gods Plouton and Ploutos ("Wealth") held or acquired a theological significance in antiquity.
WWDDD?

Opsa

...and once again Aggie lifts us up from the underworld.  :-*

Aggie

I may have been implying the opposite to cast the Mammonites down. ;)

I still have the urge to build the World's Largest Needle somewhere in the Bible Belt, and offer camel rides through the eye for $1000 per person. ::) It's more economical than constructing a stairway to heaven.  Should be an easy sell to rich literalists.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

There are plenty of needles in Canada (Toronto, Vancouver, Niagara Falls...) you just need a permit for the camel...
;) :P :mrgreen:
---
Still I like your idea of a literalist park somewhere in the States, perhaps in Orlando next to HolyLandTM and I bet many patrons wouldn't notice the irony.  :mrgreen: :devil2:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.