News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Consumer goods-- "white" goods

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, October 10, 2012, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I need a flat polycotton kingsize sheet - the ones that match my exisiting linen are £16 each. Not too bad.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Update:

I found a local retailer who sells waterbed sheet-sets.   They were reasonably priced, quality fabric-- and best yet?  He had a 2-for-1 sale, so I got two complete sets for the price of one.

I was prepared to pay as much as $100 for quality-- and nearly did purchase on-line.  But I decided with that high a budget, I ought to give the local merchants a chance.  I'm glad I did.  It's cotton/polyester blend, so it'll last, while feeling quite comfortable on the skin.  

The salesman was nice-- and cautioned me to wash these before use, as they ship with a kind of starch or sizing in them to make them nice for the package, washing removes that and softens the fabric.  

I like darker colors, so I got hunter green and chocolate brown (they were out of burgundy, my first choice, and also of royal blue, my second).

I nearly shelled out for a satin set-- he had one left (also on sale).  But I chickened out, and stuck with what I know (cotton/poly).   Oh, I paid $60 for two complete sets.  Not bad.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

mmmmm satin sheets ...mmmmm I just ordered the polycotton sheets I need, shame. I like dark colours too. They don't show the stains from messy meals in bed. (although they do show other stains, that is not a consideration for me LoL)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand