News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Xian hypocrisy...

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, September 29, 2012, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

As usual my proposal is to combine it with the Cyprus problem. All Cypriotes will be sent to Greece and Turkey respectively, Israel moves to Cyprus. China drops a few megatons on the Temple Mount and seeds the rest of the land with radioactive waste (a nice mix of strong shortlived stuff and persistent longterm isotopes). North Korea would be even better for this job had they enough nukes. The Palestinians  get a state alongside the Oder river. Ideally both Germany and Poland would cede territory but the major part would be on the Western bank. I can see mainly advantages. A largely empty area of Central Europe would get a new vigorous population that already knows how to deal with the aridity that global climate change has already brought there. Prussia grew great through similar repopulation projects*. The Cyprus problem would end for good with no winner (since both sides clearly do not deserve any rewards there). New Israel would have secure undisputable borders and could choose splendid isolation or become a Mediterranean hub. With Palestine uninhabitable for centuries and all physical traces of history (holy and secular) removed for good the religious fanatics would be forced to look for other topics. The few that still think about building a temple at the bottom of a radioactive crater could be either ignored or given the opportunity (but no medical help). A hidden extra would be that a predominantly Muslim state in Central Europe would annoy the right people to no end. And my bet would be that the danger of a theocracy would be minuscule.

Btw, there are about 4 million Muslims in Germany already, a bit less than half of them full German citizens.

*a Prussian king famously said that Muslims (and pagans) would be as welcome as long as they were good and industrious people. Mosques (and temples) would be provided by the state. On a small scale he showed that he was serious. Against massive protests from the Christian clerus he provided a house of worship for the (few) Muslims in the Prussian army and (with ostentation) became the godfather of the first child born to a Muslim member of his personal guard.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

OK, but a) the Jews don't want just anywhere, however pleasant; they want the land the Big G gave them.  Otherwise they'd be in Uganda now.
b) I think you're wrong about Turkish Cypriots.  They put up with a lot before Turkey sorted it out.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on October 05, 2012, 10:13:25 AM
Quote from: ZonoHappily there seems to be far less aggressive fundamentalist Jews than aggressive fundamentalist Xtians (or even worse, aggressive fundamentalist Muslims).

There may not be many, but the trouble they're causing in Israel is out of all proportion.  The serious thing is that they won't stop the settlements; that's going to bring Israel down sooner or later and cause FSM knows what other trouble in the region.

This is a huge issue.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on October 05, 2012, 04:39:57 PM
OK, but a) the Jews don't want just anywhere, however pleasant; they want the land the Big G gave them.  Otherwise they'd be in Uganda now.
b) I think you're wrong about Turkish Cypriots.  They put up with a lot before Turkey sorted it out.

My sympathies are clearly on the side of the Turkish Cypriotes, not necessarily on the side of Turkey. Not much sympathies for the Greek Cypriotes and their mainland brethren.
Making the Holy Land disappear is the essence of the plan. If there is no Palestine anyone could live in, then other options would be taken. And since some kind of Israel would be needed, the nice island in the neighbourhood would be high on the list of desirable choices (with all the pluses mentioned).
An asteroid would of course be cleaner than nukes but these things are so unpredicatble. How could one guarantee that it has the right size and hits exactly the right place? Would be a pity, if it hit Egypt instead and destroyed the pyramids. And a hit in the sea would swamp all surrounding countries. Santorin was bad enough in 1500 BC.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 05, 2012, 09:59:26 PM
Making the Holy Land disappear is the essence of the plan. If there is no Palestine anyone could live in, then other options would be taken.

This could be applied to other problems.  :o
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Sorry, no Toryland to bomb ;)
For them one would actually need a new country they could live in on their own without bothering others

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 05, 2012, 11:14:14 PM
For them one would actually need a new country they could live in on their own without bothering others
How about a new planet?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Why waste that on them. Also there is need to keep an eye on them, so they can't make a sneaky comeback.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

pieces o nine

...still true of God's Own Party, I'm afraid...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Yep.  You could replace "Bush" with "Romney" too.

Opsa

Sadly, you could replace Bush with practically any candidate these days. Brilliant little piece though.

Quote from: Opsa on October 08, 2012, 08:31:41 PM
Sadly, you could replace Bush with practically any candidate these days. Brilliant little piece though.

One of my fondest wishes is exactly that:  replace the majority of ReThugs (and not a few DemoWimps too) with actual, working toaster-ovens.

Instead of what we have now?  (nothing useful is getting done...)   We'd at least be able to have a nice piece of toast.

pieces o nine

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on October 09, 2012, 07:10:13 AMOne of my fondest wishes is exactly that:  replace the majority of ReThugs (and not a few DemoWimps too) with actual, working toaster-ovens.

Instead of what we have now?  (nothing useful is getting done...)   We'd at least be able to have a nice piece of toast.
I dunno, Bob. Some radical long-haired commie once allegedly observed that we can't live by bread alone. 
We're gonna need something to go with all that toast...    ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677