News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Never Ending Toadfish Interview Cycle!

Started by goat starer, November 17, 2006, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

1) What is your favorite colour?
Green, especially that color green new spring grass is.

2) What are you most fascinated of: water, fire, metal, stone, wood, glass?
Water and wood.

3) Your favorite pudding/dessert?

Ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream.

2. If so, why?

3. If you drink tea, what is your favorite kind, red, green, or black?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Chatty

1. Do you have any favorite brands (of pens, shoes, purses, etc.)?

Shoes? Favorite brand is "What fits??" (See discussion about huge feet.)
Purses? I carry a med bag with a pen in it....
PENS!! Rollingwriters...a rollerball pen that doesn't skip. I also like my Cross pen and pencil, but that's more for historic value than anything else.

2. If so, why?

I'm less into brand than I am into function (especially functionality for the money expended).

3. If you drink tea, what is your favorite kind, red, green, or black?

Depends on mood, to be honest. There is a time and mood for almost any tea.

:squidlings: :squidlings: :squidlings:

1) Have you ever had a book that bored or annoyed you so much you decided to not even finish it?

2) Is there an author you'd like to read, but are intimidated by?

3) What's your favorite fruit-flavored non-fruit item?
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

1) Have you ever had a book that bored or annoyed you so much you decided to not even finish it?
Jorge Isaacs' La Maria (a XIX century Colombian writer). Everybody had to read it in high school but I simply couldn't. I don't know if it was because of my age, the fact that I hated the class (and the teacher) or the fact that that kind of romanticism full of pointless grief is simply not my style (besides we are talking a bloody loong novel).

2) Is there an author you'd like to read, but are intimidated by?
Umberto Eco. To me the guy is a genius; his serious stuff (the novels are light in comparison) is quite dense but very interesting.

3) What's your favorite fruit-flavored non-fruit item?
Strawberry flavored stuff, be it tea, wafers or ice cream (not gelato, that is made of fruit and simply fantastic).
:cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron: :cauldron:
1. Please choose: Medieval church music, Baroque (think Bach, Vivaldi), Classic/Romantic (Beethoven, Brahms), Serious contemporary (Shostakovich, Ligeti, Steve Reich) or Light contemporary (from the Beatles to Metallica and everything in between).

2. Orthodox art, Renaissance, Neoclassicism, Impressionism, Cubism, Abstract or Pop art?

3. Comedy or Tragedy?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

1. Please choose: Medieval church music, Baroque (think Bach, Vivaldi), Classic/Romantic (Beethoven, Brahms), Serious contemporary (Shostakovich, Ligeti, Steve Reich) or Light contemporary (from the Beatles to Metallica and everything in between).

Oooh, you had to ask that. Drat.
Erm, Medieval church music appeals to me because it's gorgeous. Light contemporary because there's so much vairety.

2. Orthodox art, Renaissance, Neoclassicism, Impressionism, Cubism, Abstract or Pop art?
Pop, Classical and Renaissance. (Betcha) Can't pick just one.

3. Comedy or Tragedy?

Comedy. Tragedy is depressing.

2. What is the stupidest show on television in your opinion?

3. What makes you cranky?

((sorry, had a neighbor's fence fall over and snap a sprinkler AGAIN. I have to dig it up again to check for more damage.  >:( )
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

1. I hate Scarlett O'Hara. Is there a character in a book that simply disgusted you to the point that you dropped the book?
There were some slimy types where one wishes for a blunt object to use it on them but most books get finished at last (may take a few years).

2. What is the stupidest show on television in your opinion?
If we leave out talkshows, some Volksmusik show is a great contender. But there is so much digestive final product on TV (one reason why I don't have a set) that the removal of that would be only marginally effective.

3. What makes you cranky?
You mean what gets on my nerves above the normal? Groups of little children I can't escape from (think: in buses or on trains) and girls with loud and shrill voices (also deadly in groups).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Would you consider yourself a misanthope?

2. Is hypocrisy contagious?

3. Can yout eat delicious food that looks extremly disgusting/revolting? (I have problems with that)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Pachyderm

1. Would you consider yourself a misanthope?

No, more of a curmudgeon. The only thing is, you can't call yourself a curmudgeon, someone else has to do it first. Fortunately, I have some erudite friends.

2. Is hypocrisy contagious?

Most things can be contagious. Hypocrisy, stupidity, unpleasantness etc. The problem is that humanity, compassion and wisdom seem to be a lot less contagious...

3. Can yout eat delicious food that looks extremly disgusting/revolting? (I have problems with that)

Bring it on. The smellier the cheese, the better. I've eaten meals that look like half-digested roadkill. This is because the quality of the taste is more important to me than the fact that the lettuce or radish or whatever is displayed in such a fashion so as to reflect the chef's artistic soul. Plus, I can cook, but tend to make a mess.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Pachyderm

Done it again.

Ned Ludd was right, dammit.

1. On your perfect day, where would you be?

2. Same day, what would you eat?

3. As before, but what would you do?

Bonus:

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Swatopluk

1. On your perfect day, where would you be?
With the girl of my dreams (not necessarily somebody else's) visiting some museums

2. Same day, what would you eat?
Nothing too sophisticared. Well done meat would be probably included and cloudberry yoghurt as dessert

3. As before, but what would you do?
** censored by the FCC **  :D and a bit of sightseeing

Bonus:

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
No, they look sheepishly at gynoids

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What will you do when Cthulhu comes back?

2. Where will you go on your next vacation?

3. How much will you pay for the incriminating photos, I have in my possession (concerning your
not my nefarious deeds)?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

1. What will you do when Cthulhu comes back?

Hide behind the squidlings, as he won't hurt them.

2. Where will you go on your next vacation?

Don't know if I can call it a vacation, but I'm having a one-day trip to Croatia (leaving this evening)

3. How much will you pay for the incriminating photos, I have in my possession (concerning your not my nefarious deeds)?

Nothing, I always like, when kinky photos of myself get published... ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Where is the line between kinky and I would never do this in my life for you?

2. Do you think gin-tonic is a good drink for a long bus-drive?

3. You and a person of the opposite sex are the last people on earth and need to preserve mankind. Who would you wish this person would be?

Bonus: Where does genius stop and madnes begin?

I'm back..

Darlica

1. Where is the line between kinky and I would never do this in my life for you?
Play with blood and other body fluids/excrement.

2. Do you think gin-tonic is a good drink for a long bus-drive?
Not if you are going to drive... otherwise, I guess so, I would prefer something with a little more fruit taste like a gin and grapefruit juice, or why not, 2/3 Cava or champaign, 1/3 sloe gin.

3. You and a person of the opposite sex are the last people on earth and need to preserve mankind. Who would you wish this person would be?
My SO.

Bonus: Where does genius stop and madness begin?
on the other side of a very thin line...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Whiskey: Scottish single malt, Scottish blended, Irish single malt, Irish blended, bourbon or I wouldn't touch that vile thing with a ten foot pole!

2) Why (the see above)?

3) Candy: sweet, salt, sour or gimme, gimme gimme!  ;)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

1) Whiskey: Scottish single malt, Scottish blended, Irish single malt, Irish blended, bourbon or I wouldn't touch that vile thing with a ten foot pole!

Jameson's Irish Whiskey, a blend. Wee dram o' that all around, please.

2) Why (the see above)?

Smooth and lovely to sip straight, strong and able to ring clear through an Irish coffee.

3) Candy: sweet, salt, sour or gimme, gimme gimme!  Wink

Bittersweet chocolate!!!!!

:beer:

1) Do you like to get rained upon in the summer?

2) When an unfortunate experience occurs, do you look at it as a way to learn something?

3) If you were alone in a cathedral and knew no-one could hear you, would you sing loudly to hear the accoustics?

Bonus point: How much would you pay to see a photo of Swato on his dream date?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

1) Do you like to get rained upon in the summer?

If I've got a while afterward to dry off, sure.

2) When an unfortunate experience occurs, do you look at it as a way to learn something?

Yes.  Maybe I've taken too many engineering classes, but I see people somewhat like structural steel: stress it beyond its normal maximum and as long as it doesn't break, that stress becomes the new maximum.

I don't extend the metaphor into strain hardening or fatigue cracking, though.   ;D

3) If you were alone in a cathedral and knew no-one could hear you, would you sing loudly to hear the accoustics?

Probably not.  I might listen to my wife sing, though.

Bonus point: How much would you pay to see a photo of Swato on his dream date?

Nothing... if he wants to share, that's fine.  Otherwise, I won't intrude.

Besides, I've already got a good photo spot staked out in the bushes.

:GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT: :GOT:

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

2. Are you doing it?

3. What do you want to be "when you grow up" now?    :)

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A vet or a lawyer.

2. Are you doing it?
Not yet.

3. What do you want to be "when you grow up" now?
Photographer.

2.How much sleep to you need, on average?

3. What would you do to get your ideal job?

Sibling Chatty

1. What would your ideal job be?

Queen of the World, Empress of the Universe (and yes, as a matter of fact, I DO own the roads, TYVM.)

I'd love to be able to work at all...I do well in management and purchasing positions, but want to be a journalist.

2.How much sleep to you need, on average?

Well, I can manage on about 7 hours a night. When I am not so well, I do 24-30 awake and miserable, then about 18 mostly dead, in cycles.

3. What would you do to get your ideal job?

Who do I gotta kill? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)
If I had the time and money (and health) I would go back to school. That would do it.

:wwg: :wwg: :wwg: :wwg:

1. Where would you like to live if money were no object?

2. What's your favorite comfort food?

3. Are you afraid of getting injections?
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

1. Where would you like to live if money were no object?
Norway, provided there is a (2-way) teleport to Berlin available on location

2. What's your favorite comfort food?
Something with meat and potatoes (veggies optional)

3. Are you afraid of getting injections?
No, but I had no especially negative experiences in that regard until now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Is Tom Cruise a good/mediocre/bad actor?

2. What do you think about mandatory celibacy?

3. How much do you read on a regular base?