News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Easy Questions?

Started by Swatopluk, November 15, 2006, 03:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 25, 2012, 09:09:56 AM
The wealthy get excellent treatment.
Isn't that true in all cases?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Yes, I wasn't referring to the wealthy. I was referring to the majority.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on April 25, 2012, 12:21:11 AM
I insist that I smell like food (with no sweat-decay odour) quite often directly after washing the pit repeatedly.  This isn't a new thing; I sweat out garlic and strong odours (as do many people).  It is indeed my active side.

I noticed yesterday evening that the newest issue of the chemistry journal I subscribe to has a lenghty article on the topic.
I just have to find the time to read it.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Griffin NoName on April 22, 2012, 05:16:10 PM
Every ship should carry a passenger randomization computer program. On arrival on the ship, every passenger is given their abandon ship priority number.  :mrgreen:
It would almost be like the Deli counter in Tesco. ;D

I said "children and parents first" (meaning children up to 18, so that also includes young adults), because it would be harder on a child to lose their parent, and unfair to effectively sentence a child to death when they have not even had a chance at life. Maybe giving tickets randomly to groups of people would be better? That way, either a whole family is saved, or a whole family goes down, although I definitely wouldn't want to be related to the family who goes down with the ship. Losing one member is hard enough, but losing several would be devastating. We definitely need instant teleportation rescue facilities.

The sweat thing is interesting. If it's your most active side, then it's probably precisely because of this that you smell of food more there than the other side. It could also lead to some fun games with your partner. :o
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Aggie

Quote from: Roland Deschain on April 26, 2012, 11:36:51 AMWe definitely need instant teleportation rescue facilities.

Or... perhaps sufficient numbers of lifeboats and jackets? ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

C'mon, be realistic! Who wants to spend money in something as useless as lifeboats or vests? The moment the boat goes down so does the customer because if (s)he survives (s)he won't be going by ship ever again. Worse even, that is a witness both legally and in the public court. Better if (s)he drowns, and cheaper too...

Griffin NoName

Quote from: http://www.setbb.com/sudoku/viewtopic.php?t=1432&mforum=sudoku user wapati
I have all the "easy stuff" turned on and then these: UR types 1-4,
x-wing, finned-x, skyscraper (covers sashimi-x), xy wing, xyz wing,
swordfish, finned swordfish, sashimi swordfish, jellyfish, finned jelly,
sashimi jelly, ER (empty rectangle, covers regular turbot),
two string kite (the third form of turbot, skyscraper is the second),
BUG+1 and remote pairs.

What on earth? This was on a Soduko forum - all the posts contain similar. Is there a Sudoku language I have failed to learn?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 03, 2012, 05:09:25 AM
Quote from: http://www.setbb.com/sudoku/viewtopic.php?t=1432&mforum=sudoku user wapati
BUG+1 and remote pairs.

What on earth? This was on a Soduko forum - all the posts contain similar. Is there a Sudoku language I have failed to learn?
I think the only answer to that can be:-

"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 03, 2012, 05:09:25 AM
BUG+1 and remote pairs.

LoL@Roland

Relief - I have found a website which explains things. I now know what an X-wing and swordfish are. However, I fail to understand much of what is written about them.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Question for the chemically inclined, how hard is to convert ammonia NH3 to H2 and N2?
---
I had some devilishly hard question the other day but I forgot...

Swatopluk

Easy, a bit of heat and a catalyst (in essence the same that are used for the synthesis, e.g. platinum or the right kind of iron).
Use enough heat and you won't even need the catalyst.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Going a bit further then, would crashing a rock of ammonia ice in the Martian atmosphere would do the trick?

Swatopluk

I think atmospheric friction would not be strong enough. Also material on the surface would primarily just evaporate and drift off and thus not get enough heat over time. The crash on the ground would do a bit but for the same reason be incomplete.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I imagine you could calculate what is the correct size for the Martian atmosphere friction to do so, no? That would be a relatively cheap way to raise the Martian atmospheric pressure for terraforming.

Aggie

I suspect this could be done biologically, as well...  the gaseous diatomic products are lower energy than ammonia, I think.  There are microbes that use NH3, I think.
WWDDD?