News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Feminism

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), April 15, 2011, 03:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I don't debate that it is considered as such (a mechanic, consumptive act), what I contend is that it has always been so for a fair portion of the population, otherwise prostitution would be something new and it isn't considered the oldest profession in the world for nothing.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

I don't think of casual sex as being chauvinistic, although I suspect it was more thought of as such in the past. In other words, men were more sexually liberated before women were before dependable contraceptives.

Feminism is about equal rights for women. Do women have the right to be careless about sex? Do men?

I just Googled the word "feminism". The first thing that came up was Wiki's definition. The second, the very next thing was a Xtian site called "Feminism is Evil!". I find this disturbing.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsa on June 15, 2012, 09:55:21 PMI just Googled the word "feminism". The first thing that came up was Wiki's definition. The second, the very next thing was a Xtian site called "Feminism is Evil!". I find this disturbing.

Unfortunately it just means the people who wrote the web page have put in really good search tags and probably paid for a high search rating. Evil and money!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 16, 2012, 01:45:19 AM
.... Evil and money!!

Well.... since one is frequently misconstrued as the root of the other, does it not seem obvious? (and highly likely)

::)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Indeed, I deliberately left that open to imagination ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Opsa on June 15, 2012, 09:55:21 PM
I don't think of casual sex as being chauvinistic, although I suspect it was more thought of as such in the past. In other words, men were more sexually liberated before women were before dependable contraceptives.
The attitude I find chauvinistic is the one that tolerates a man who sleeps around but does not tolerate/socially shuns a woman who sleeps around. I'm not suggesting it is intrinsically a good idea but why tolerate one case and not the other?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

I completely agree Zono-- sauces for geese and ganders and all that.

To me?

The only real bottom line is:  (IMO)

1) nobody gets hurt
2) any kids that result are well cared for, both emotionally and otherwise
3) none of the parties involved were under extortion or coercion  (i.e. truly voluntary)
4) prevention of the aforementioned kids is the equal responsibility of everyone involved

--------

You'd think that'd make me a swinger or sumsuch... hardly.  I've mostly been celibate over my years, especially the last decade.   It's just simpler-- and the older I get, the more I discover I prefer what is simpler.

Griffin NoName

I am in enforced purdah. At least if by some miracle I met another person who wanted to have sex with me, which is hardly likely due to incarceration, then I would have to refuse on the grounds of exhaustion. Possible some non-penetrative physical contact would be possible, but I'd get exhausted from that too. Depsite this I still fret about my appearance which is irrational.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Appearance isn't always a sexual conquest thing, though. It's more of a self-respect thing.

I'm rumbling with Zone and Bob.

I think that guys who sleep around a lot do not realize that they are not that attractive to women. I had a guy chase me once who bragged that he had tried to sleep with every female in his high school class. Boy, was that a turn-off! I kind of liked him before he said that, but after he said it I didn't want to have anything to do with him. I had no interest in becoming one of his numbers.

Swatopluk

Well, at least he was upfront with it. I think few males will say that in the presence of one of their female targets (as opposed to their male peers).
Unless of course it's the brash 'Help me break the record!'

Some years ago there was a young woman in Germany who go the idea to sleep with at least 100 guys in a row in a single day and to pay them for it (not to get the guys but to reverse the usual flow). She got a friend to participate, raised the funds, then went through with it. It was pure assembly line work, not a single orgasm on her side and she felt rather sore afterwards but iirc no regrets. It was not an attempt at fame. I think in the beginning it was just a mad idea that turned at least partially into a power statement.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

More power to her, if things worked out, to her satisfaction.

Sometimes? 

I think that we mortal humans can feel so out of sorts with our realities, that a little show of how much we are in control (whether illusory or somewhat real--doesn't matter, really) of things, is exactly the mental-floss we need to keep on keepin' on.

And the occasional symbolic "Up Yours!" can be quite a cathartic experience.   I suspect some of that was going on with your example.   

Griffin NoName

I just remembered something startliing.

I went to a Public (that means private) Girl's Day School which was part of a big Trust with similar schools across the country, founded in the late 1800's to promote education for girls.. The startling things is: our school song was a hymn: Let us now praise famous men - And our father's that begat us - etc etc  WTF?
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Can you find the lyrics of the song? I'm curious.  Report it to the Beeb if you can find it and confirm it.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

There are several poems of that title including one from Kipling

I guess Griffin means this one
http://lmog.wordpress.com/2005/12/23/let-us-now-praise-famous-men-2/

[youtube=425,350]CznY76R_bJ4[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznY76R_bJ4
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Yes that is indeed the one, Swato, thanks (I think).

I wonder if it is still the school song. Outrageous.
Psychic Hotline Host