News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Birthday Rumbles

Started by Aphos, November 02, 2006, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Happy birthday, Swato!

A birthday Barfer Beer, perhaps?   ;D

Aggie

Pint o' Ipecac Ale coming up for the birthday boy!
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Oh, sorry I'm this late.
:bday: Swato!

BTW, I will not forget this date (it may have something to do with fact that April the 1st is also my marriage anniversary  :o )
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

That must've been quite an entertaining April Fool's joke, right? ;)

I'm back..

Swatopluk

Actually quite commonplace. Makes it less easy to forget the date.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

Happy Birthday Dear Bob-in-a-Quantun-State-of-Faith!!!!

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'm back..

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Happy Birthday Bob, in what state are you know?
:bday: :mrgreen:

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on April 03, 2007, 06:03:48 PM
That must've been quite an entertaining April Fool's joke, right? ;)
Back home the day has no special meaning, although the irony hasn't been unnoticed... ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

:bday: :bday: :bday:

Have a Happy Bob Day!
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

May the joy be unquantifiably huge! :bday:
Like a piece of quantum cake?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thank you all.  This year was certainly different-- I spent "my day" driving back home from Virginia Beach.

We arrived, by airplane (2 different puddle-jumpers.  One had 4 very narrow seats side-by-side, VERY narrow center isle.  2nd plane had only 3 seats, one on one side, and 2 on the other, and an even more narrow isle.  Anyone not of elfin proportions was no doubt miserable. I'm on the slight side of things, and _I_ was merely uncomfortable) on Friday morning, approximately 11am Eastern.  (I got up very early so I could WASTE MY TIME sitting in the waiting area for the plane to be ready.  Security, was as usual, a complete joke, carefully designed to separate people from their DIGNITY and not much else.  Certainly not SECURE.  The waiting area seats were carefully designed to prepare us for the even more uncomfortable seating on the airplane-- sort of a foretaste.)

We picked up the truck by meeting the salesman at the airport-- very accommodating of him.  Very nice guy, actually.  He had had the truck detailed ahead of time, and the tank was even nearly full!  My ONLY complaint is DON'T ARMOR-ALL the FLOOR next time-- was slippery! (it's a WORK truck, and has rubber floors.  Preferred in a WORK truck, easier to keep clean.)

My partner and I then proceeded to take turns driving home to Tulsa.  22 hours, pretty much non-stop, except for meals, breaks and fuel.

We drove all of Friday, and well into Saturday to arrive home (Sat) at approximately 1:30pm Central.  After a few personal business items, I went to bed, and only woke up a bit ago-- was hungry.

We thoughtfully brought along a selection of audio books, and heard two very good ones.  Both mystery.  The first one was by the author who's books inspired the TV show Bones (one of my personal favorites).  The book was even better, so I WILL be buying that author's actual books in the near future.

So.  I "celebrated" my b-day by being insulted by Our Nations Security Forces, being insulted by aircraft designers, and Driving across Our Nation's highways.

All and all, the Highway experience was the best, and most interesting.  We had brought along a GPS device, witch made navigation too easy.

A personal highlight was when I drove across the Mighty Mississippi River.  It was in Tennessee, on Interstate 40.  The bridge was a classic, steel arch design, with but a few lanes in each direction.  Cool.  Too bad it was pitch dark, too, and I didn't see anything to either side.  Oh well.  By then, my brain was running on coffee and sugar anyway, and I likely would not have remembered. (For example, I DO NOT remember how MANY lanes I had on that bridge-- just that there weren't as many as _I_ would have thought, for such an important highway. <grin>).  At the time, there was faint traffic-- even the big interstate trucks had mostly taken a break. 

Interesting b-day all around. 

At the very end of the trip, on Saturday, when we were nearly home, we both realized the trip was almost done, and the truck had behaved flawlessly. We decided to indulge in a bit of pawn-shop shopping, and found several bargains in the effort.  Is why we didn't arrive until One-ish. 

When I got home, I checked in, and turned my phone to "silent" and crashed.  Rude of me, I know. <grin>
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

I think that you deserved a break after all that!

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

It's five minutes into May 4th here, so Opsa:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(and happy No Pants Day!)

I'm back..

goat starer

HAPPY BIG PANTS DAY! V V GOOD!

ER....whatever.. drunk... so happy whatever!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

The Meromorph

Happy Birthday,Opas  :bday: :woot: :goldfish:

Happy No Pants Day? ???
My mind is doing some fervent (and slightly wistful) boggling, right now!  :o

Oh my.
Dances with Motorcycles.