News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Hitler & Stalin game

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), July 16, 2010, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

OK, for those of you not having the pleasure of witnessing the American Culture WarsTM up close, there is this famously deranged individual that makes the most absurd claims with a straight face in the mouthpiece of the party, that celebrated Faux Newts Network. Obviously I'm talking about Glenn Beck who seems to be in a quest to outdone himself everyday. Among his multiple "qualities" is the comparison to everything he doesn't like (and there are lots and lots of people and things he doesn't like) with Hitler.

Considering that one of the rules of debate is that the first to invoke Hitler loses I was thinking on doing a game of comparison using our favorite monsters as a point of reference. To play you must compare your target to a bonafide genocidal maniac, be it Attila or Pol Pot or Nero, etc. The comparison has to point a number of similarities with the monster in question and defending the choice from those pointing out why he isn't a good comparison.

Any public figure from the recent history is fair game.

Any takers?

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

Excellent idea, Zono!

Tony Blair = Caligula.  Mad, vain fantasist, wrecked the country, finally done in by his own people.  That leads on to Gordon Brown being Claudius, but in fact Brown was nowhere near as effective even as poor ole Claudius, and even more out of touch.
If we carry this one on, the UK now has civil war for a year with three short-lived emperors before we get the counterpart of Vespasian.  Who will he be?

Aggie

Well, you've got two at once now - how long can the coalition last, anyways? ;)
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Who'd be the Queen in that model?
Also Ol'Caius was no one's poodle.

Hm, could we put in Lady Di as one of Caligula's sisters? ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.