News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Implosion of Dawkins Forum

Started by Sibling DavidH, February 27, 2010, 11:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

On Thursday I visited the RDF to look at a thread I had posted in, only to find the place in chaos.  The admin had stated that in 30 days the old forum would be closed and a new place started where open discussion would be impossible.  The site was buzzing with indignant opposition to this, so they closed it, deleted many accounts, disabled PMs and signatures to stop people planning for a move to a new site and finally re-opened it as read-only.  I still can't post.  But some members had already posted that they'd move to the Secular Café or The Heathen Hub.  I joined both of these and they were buzzing with it.
Yesterday there were even major stories in the newspapers.
This blog looks as if it might have something like the true story.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hmmm..... they deleted my account, too. 

Admittedly, I had not posted in quite a while.... but that's kinda rude.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

I wonder why, when you weren't a 'troublemaker'.  Mine is still there.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Let me see, they guy supposedly in charge hasn't cared for the thing in months/years and suddenly while realizing he doesn't like what's going on he goes overboard and overreacts.

I've heard that tale before, but where, where...?
::) ::) ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 27, 2010, 04:52:00 PM
Let me see, they guy supposedly in charge hasn't cared for the thing in months/years and suddenly while realizing he doesn't like what's going on he goes overboard and overreacts.

I've heard that tale before, but where, where...?
::) ::) ::)

Where indeed..... I can't seem to quite remember..... it's on the tip of my tongue, though..... something about noodles?  Pasta?  No..... well.... maybe.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Ah, the Internet Drama Llama....  hard to keep that blaggard away, isn't it? Quite a deja-vu moment reading through that, although final results may have been less extreme in one particular forum I remember. This kind of thing is certainly enough to drive people away from a particular cause, even where that cause has great potential to do good.

I'm amazed that on top of everything else, they have the gall to tell you not to organize a migration to a new forum...  it sounds like closing a neighbourhood pub, opening a Starbucks on the premises, and telling the regulars that they can't organize a meet-up at another pub (but they are welcome to stay and drink coffee). Coffee's a similar but not identical intoxicating beverage, right? ::)
WWDDD?