News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Plumbing gremlins

Started by Sibling Lambicus the Toluous, January 15, 2009, 02:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Don't talk to me about cisterns . :'(  Earlier this year I was doing the modern-type nylon ball-valve in the bathroom toilet when I dropped the tiny plastic pivot-pin.  My poor ole fingers are so numb with the diabetic neuropathy, y'see.  Anyway, the pin rolled under the siphon and could not be coaxed out.  So it was off with the entire cistern and tilt it; out rolled the pin, now I had to put the whole **#@* lot back.  Yaroo.

--------------------------------------

Yes, this is a vital thread for all who suffer from plumbing.  It was, I think, Pope Flatulentius XIV who proclaimed in the encyclical Odor Repugnans the doctrine sine plumbentibus nulla salus.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Main sewer is partally blocked-- I would not even notice, except that when the clothes washer does it's thing, it floods the shower... the rest of the time?  It works.

So, outside, remove the plug to the clean-out... fixed.  ::)

Well, not really, but at least it floods the backyard instead of the shower.... but only if I wash clothes....

... so.

Going on week 2, and I'm still waiting to hear back from my favorite plumber... likely I'm done waiting tomorrow, and it's off to rent a rooter machine.

*bleah*

I hate those things-- needlessly heavy for what they are, but I have a trailer I can use to roll it on/off with.

But I still hate it.  And tomorrow's supposed to be frigid-cold. Not like today, where it was 65 degrees F outside...

.... hmmm..  I may wait for my plumber friend after all.

;)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Swatopluk

According to the last plumber I spoke to explosives (and many other tools people use) tend to keep the clogging intact while the tubes burst.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Probably, but it lets the water out.  Fun, too.  ;D