News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Missing the Ocean

Started by stellinacadente, October 21, 2008, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

well... I thought to share with you... now that my life has finally settled into a decent routine...

I can pay more attention to myself and my emotions and feelings... and the very first, strong emotion that almost haunts me is : I miss the Ocean... in particular I miss the Medterrean sea...

but just any sea or ocean would do right now...

where I am from the water is pretty much like the crystal clear waters of the Carribean and I really miss the voice of the waves that tell stories about the people who live beyond the horizon...

I miss it so much...

( I live in Middle Tennessee)
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

Luckily, you're only a matter of hours away from the ocean. Once I lived in the midwest and was so far away from the ocean I thought I'd die!

Figure out which way is the quickest drive to the nearest ocean (the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico) and plan your next vacation there.

I'm dreaming of my next ocean getaway all ready! I have to go every year.

stellinacadente

I will not PTO until at least next June (2009).

There is a always the weekend getaway ... but the closest Ocean there is would be Pensacola,FL on the Gulf (some 600 miles away)...

I will have to pick and go no matter what... it's driving me insane!

:explode: :explode:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Aggie

I can sympathize... I miss forests and mountains (and lakes, for that matter). :P

They are within driving distance, but a day trip doesn't really suffice.  I need to be cradled by the mountains and see trees around and above me.  The flatlands make me a bit crazy, so does the city.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Oh how I long for Norway, where one can have both ocean and mountains in the same location.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

Santa Barbara, California is like that too. And it has an old monastery!
I would so love to live there if
a) I could half afford it , and
b) It was not going to drop into the ocean.

Six hours away isn't bad. Get on teh interwebz and start figuring out the best deals in accomodations. That'll get you dreaming and it'll help.

stellinacadente

Quote from: Swatopluk on October 22, 2008, 07:46:40 AM
Oh how I long for Norway, where one can have both ocean and mountains in the same location.

Scotland is like that too... I have been living there for a while and now I realize why I was so confortable there...

Craves....

Opsa, I am day dreaming of Florida... I plan to take my daughter to Disneyworld in the next few months...

California... I have relatives in OC and never really liked it... Love Monteery and would LOVE to live there (or SF) exept for your ifs :)

Pachyderm

Scotland is like that too... I have been living there for a while and now I realize why I was so confortable there...

Where were you? As the Token Scot, I have no real need to know, I'm just nosey... :D
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: stellinacadente on October 22, 2008, 05:07:14 PM
Opsa, I am day dreaming of Florida... I plan to take my daughter to Disneyworld in the next few months...
Let me know if you decide to come to the noisy and messy Miami/South FL area, perhaps we can meet in person.  :)
---
Like Aggie I miss the mountains very much, which is a bit troublesome when the only things similar in the area are garbage dumps.  :'(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: stellinacadente on October 22, 2008, 05:07:14 PM
California... I have relatives in OC and never really liked it... Love Monteery and would LOVE to live there (or SF) exept for your ifs :)
There's a lot of nicer areas than OC. Ugh. I hate LA.
:mrgreen: There's always the interior here. I'm about forty-five minutes away from the Sierra Nevadas and about four from the ocean. I'm more of a mountain person, myself and I don't think I could be very happy without them in sight. It's pretty cheap here, too. And usually fairly pretty, as long as you're not in Bakersfield.
Downsides: terrible air and fundies.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay