News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

AUTUMN

Started by Opsa, October 03, 2008, 06:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

:UPDATE:

It's been beautiful here! I've been trying to get a decent photo all week, but nothing does it justice. Here's one I took off route 66:

Aggie

I forget that in addition to being early for spring, you are late for winter. :)

See attached for the dominant colour this time of year. ::)

admittedly it will be +17C next week, but it's my patriotic duty to play up the image of the Great White North.
WWDDD?

Opsa

It's very pretty, all the same!

Aggie

Oh, I had a grin on my face looking at it  :D - until I realized I'd be looking at it (intermittently) until May...   :-X
WWDDD?

Opsa

Fall 2011

The autumn leaf color is peaking here and it's all I can do to go anywhere without wanting to stop and take a photo. There's a part of me though, that believes that no photo can possibly match the feeling of the moment when the sunlight is beaming through golden foliage and the bark smells like spice and the leaves make a soft tap as they land on the forest floor. So I just soak it in and am glad to have been there to love it.

The other day the Opsalette and I were riding along and I noticed osage oranges lying by the roadside. It occurred to me that I hadn't stopped to pick any up in ages. So I pulled over and the O'lette grabbed some of these strange fruits and tossed them on the car floor.

We took them home and placed them in a wooden bowl, where they sit and scent the room with their interesting lime-grapefuit aroma. Ahhh, what could be better than a bowl of pirated osage oranges on a fine October afternoon?  It's hard to believe I've gone through so much of her life without sharing this tradition with her!

stellinacadente

Autum colors are splashing the trees here in cowland and deer family walk in my backyard.

I have harvested my Italian jalapenos (from seeds my grand ma gave me!!!) and C. and I are currently working at embroidering our Christmas (Yule) table cloth...

cross your fingrs... I am very doubtful it will make it on the table of Xmas 2011  :D
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

pieces o nine

^ that can become a new tradition: celebrating the new bits of embroidery each year.    ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

I took this standing in my garden yesterday morning.  Foggy, but it cleared up nicely later.

Opsa

Wow, what a beautiful picture! I love the silhouetted foliage in the foreground.

Darlica

That picture is really wonderful David!

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Thank you, Ladies!  I just went out of the front door about 8.15 and happened to see it.  Lucky.  ;D

pieces o nine

That's really lovely, DavidH! 

What a beautiful view regardless of season.   :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

stellinacadente

Niiiice... well done you!
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

We're caught in that wacky winter front and it's snowing, here. Most unusual for Autumn in the southern U.S.

Sibling DavidH

Snow?  That's bad luck.  We very rarely get any before December.