News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

SPRING

Started by Opsa, October 03, 2008, 06:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

First spring bloom to be spotted in my yard! (see below)

Aggie

I've been munching a few sprigs of chickweed here and there already. :D
WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

We've had Snowdrops out for some weeks; now we have three Daffs as well.  A few hawthorns here and there have been showing little leaves since January.  Whoopee!

Griffin NoName

Nothing has changed in my bedroom ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Still hot as Hades here, has been a long hard stretch of hot weather lately.  Yesterday had numerous bushfire outbreaks around the state including on the northern outskirts of Melbourne.  No threat to the Blue hacienda - probably about 40 km away from here - but one house was destroyed and another damaged.  Still officially summer here, autumn arrives 1 March.  Can't wait for winter at the moment!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

pieces o nine

Blue, I would happily send you some of the cold winds and light snow here in exchange for some of that heat there.  Have they projected an end to the current fire outbreak?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bluenose

Thanks Pieces, your post must have worked, at least a little bit - it was not quite so hot last night, making for a more comfortable sleep. :)  Today is the first one in quite a while forecast to be under 30° C, it's forecast for 29°.  Then it heats back up again. >:(

On the fire front the ones on the outskirts of Melbourne are under control but the big fires like the one in the high country are contained to a degree but will only be put out when we get some decent rains.  Probably not until the second half of April or so.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.