News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Created 2 leather dog vests for the Rally. Finally figured out the magic combo of thread+tension for my machine.   :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

goat starer

today i completed the giant crayon gateway to the reading glade at a primary school and made great progress on the school allotment with my 6 volunteers.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Opsa

Yeay, Goat! I'll bet the kids will love it.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Today I lost a fight with the bottom of the lake. :P

No, it wasn't due to diving (I shallow dive quite well if needed), but rather from swimming underwater with my eyes closed.  ::)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Griffin NoName

Oops!

All I have achieved today is watching Andy Murray win the quarter final of Wimbledon 2013, which had me on the edge of my seat - or rather my bed. Oh and I ordered a baking tin online.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

pieces o nine

I hung art in my apartment this long weekend. I don't know why I left most of it in the back of the closet for so long, but I finally hung it up, and it's had quite a positive effect on my mood. I have also discovered that I have lost interest in the PreRaphaelites, and am thinking of something comic to vandalize efface properly update Waterhouse's Lady of Shallott  (I greatly enjoyed seeing the original at the Tate), which has  been up all these months. I'm considering collaging in a smile-on-a-stick -- maybe a tiger! -- maybe a margarita lab in the front of the boat...

any artful suggestions?    :)

I also solved another challenge -- skipped stitches when starting or stopping tabs (lots of layers) with the thread sometimes fuzzing up around the leather needle and breaking on the dog gear. I tested denim/upholstery needles as the eyes are visibly bigger -- success. I can use my heaviest thread with no friction from the eye, and the needle channel is deeper to protect the thread when powering through multiple layers -- maintaining a regulated stitch. I used denim needles exclusively this weekend with no broken threads (or needles!). Yays -- no more hand-work to make tabs look perfect!

I'm surprised that the eyes and channels aren't larger than standard on the leather needles since you're supposed to use a heavier thread, but they are not!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

Personally I'd rather add some tentacles to the boating scene.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on July 07, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

I'm surprised that the eyes and channels aren't larger than standard on the leather needles since you're supposed to use a heavier thread, but they are not!

You can take a camel to an eye but you can't make him drink.
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

Quote from: Swatopluk on July 07, 2013, 08:56:33 PM
Personally I'd rather add some tentacles to the boating scene.

Excellent suggestion!

I'll remove the glass this week and post an updated image as it becomes...interesting...

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Are you saying you have a weak bladder?  ::)

Pieces, maybe she needs a doggie with her in the boat, one who is decked out in a Legendary Leathers fashion that would look good for the Romantic period.

And I hope you'll post your results!

Griffin NoName

I posted some letters and parcels. This may not sound much, but for me it is taxing work, especially in the heat. Even though it was only 25 C which I don't regard as hot, I got bright red-faced and sweat dripping off my nose. The effort of doing anything at all these days is constantly, slowly, causing erosion of almost all activities. It's quite scary.
Psychic Hotline Host