News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

pieces o nine

I am wrapping up a spontaneous 3-day weekend -- woohoo.

I'm adding some mittens, gloves & scarves to the line for winter, with and without leather accents. I've been invited to participate in the "good" holiday show in October. I have perpetrated two dozen fingerless gloves, but it has taken some re-thinking about 2D/3D shapes! The next group should go faster, I hope.
;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Way to be productive, Pieces!

Today I went to the follow-up from the mammogram I had six months ago which discovered a mass in the left girl. At that time they did an ultrasound and decided it was not cancer, but that I should come back in six months for another look. So I did and- nothing detected! So I think I'll try breathing again, here.

I also had a pelvic ultrasound as a follow-up from an endometrial ablation I had several years ago. I think it went well, but I guess I have to wait and get the official results. One odd thing though, apparently I still have an ovary on duty! What?! Gee- what is the female equivalent of "virile"- 'cos I suddenly feel that way today! Owarrrgggh!

Griffin NoName

Had my eyes tested, ordered new glasses and lenses etc (=costa-lotta), paid a cheque into the bank, posted off my tax return. Big day for me. Shattered.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

I can't believe how much I spent on spectacles yesterday. I must be mad. I included updating my prescription sunglasses to the new prescription when I never go out anywhere and have not worrn them for years.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Opsa on October 01, 2013, 05:30:44 PM
Way to be productive, Pieces!

Today I went to the follow-up from the mammogram I had six months ago which discovered a mass in the left girl. At that time they did an ultrasound and decided it was not cancer, but that I should come back in six months for another look. So I did and- nothing detected! So I think I'll try breathing again, here.

I also had a pelvic ultrasound as a follow-up from an endometrial ablation I had several years ago. I think it went well, but I guess I have to wait and get the official results. One odd thing though, apparently I still have an ovary on duty! What?! Gee- what is the female equivalent of "virile"- 'cos I suddenly feel that way today! Owarrrgggh!

:thumbsup:

Making a spectacle of yourself, Griffin?  :mrgreen:
Hope you get un-shattered soon.  The sunglasses will come in handy for making the odd excursion on a sunny day more comfortable.
WWDDD?

Opsa

Hee hee.

Glasses are outrageously priced. We've been buying our frames online through Zenni Optical recently, and they've been very good and very reasonable. Haven't rtied to buy lenses through them yet, but would consider it, since their service has been excellent so far.

I guess that doesn't help you now, but maybe you can keep them in mind for next time.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Actually not today but yesterday, I was too busy, I finally transferred my old Toyota Echo to my father (who has been driving the car for more than 18 months now). The thing has 200K miles and still running strong.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

I wrote a couple of sentences of my dissertation..... Haven't written anything since June so need an extension which even then may not be long enough at two sentences per three months.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Griffin NoName

I don't know about progress, unless you call whipping out a load of rubbish progress. Now the dissertation is even smaller.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Sometimes whipping out garbage is progress, if it's what you have to do to get the job done. It is moving forward, after all.
:goodvibes:

Swatopluk

I translated Little Red Riding Hood from German into Icelandic as part of my language course homework.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

Did you have to make any interesting creative reaches?