News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveL

Certainly Sir! Which way was it to the scullery?
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

It's in the north wing, Ducky. Just follow the trail of onion tears. (I hope they don't mar the marble floors.)

DaveL

Why thank you good lady, I fear Bart may have done something rather preposterous in there you know. 
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

Do you think so? I thought I saw the scullery maid just now walking out to empty the dustbin. She was  smiling from ear to ear, so I can't imagine anything could have been terribly wrong. She was limping a little, though. I think she has a bad leg or something.

Opsa

Please excuse the double-posting, but Lord DavidH has been seen near here chatting up in a landlubbery fashion, and I thought we might drag this-away and have at it, followed by cocktails, of course. Haw haw.

pieces o nine

I say, what a cracking idea. 

Jeeves!  Cognacs all round, and break out the good crystal, too.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

(In my Jeeves voice)

Certainly, Madam, but if I mey venture an opinion - would Madam prefer me to produce the good crystal without breaking it?

pieces o nine

* laughs musically *

You are such a card, Jeeves.  You should be dealt with!

Pour a snort for yourself while you're at it, and -- I say! -- tell the staff they may have a tot as well, eh, what?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Opsa

Aren't we having a bully time of it, then?

I think we may have to throw a bit of pool-water on my maidservant Claudette, though, as I've just found one of her stockings clinging to the Dorothy Perkins rosebushes. Just toss it in there with her. If we hear her shriek we'll know we got her...

Bluenose

<emerges from behind Dorothy Perkins rosebushes, looking slightly dishevelled>

<sotto voce> I say, that feels better!

<looks around>

Ahem.  Ah...  Lady Opsa, umm...  Er...  Oh, is that Duchess Pieces with some cognac?  Jeeves, Ill have one of those, there's a good fellow...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

*Calling into Dorothy Perkins rosebush* Claudette- do be a good girl and run fetch my parasol. While your at it, please fix your hair, and get a fresh apron. And do wipe that smirk off your face.

That goes for you too, Blue old boy. Don't look now, but you've got a stocking stuck to the back of your tweed blazer. I'll pretend to pat your back and crumple it into my monogrammed hankie to give to Claudette later.

pieces o nine

* idly wonders where that Jeeves person is, while delicately slurping last of cognac *

Swatopluk

Ditcha get the lates' newts? The Pirate Party made it into the Berlin House o' Representatives in the election previous Sundae.
8.9% meaning 15 reprehensibles (15 mates, 1 wench)!
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

The fiends! How dare they have a party and not invite us? I must say, I'm quite cross about this. I shall stamp my little feet, I shall!

Bluenose

Don't mention it too loudly my dear, we wouldn't want that Captain Bluenose blaggard to hear now, would we?

Avaarst!  Did sumwun menshun poirates?

Quick! Into the conservatory before the blighter sees us!

I think we got away with it...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.