News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Nice shorts though.

And I don't believe 20 year olds play lawn bowls anywhere in the world. 
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

What's so different bewteen lawn bowls and boule !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

I was referring to the civilised world.  Isn't it boules anyway? The Frenchies would be offended by the implication they only play with one.

Aphos

I say, sir, if we are talking about the civilized world, we should leave the Frenchies out of the discussion.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Opsa

Gracious, I'm glad you stopped me, sir. I was going ro mention camisoles, but that's a ... an "F" word, isn't it? *Rather irritating titter*. I'll just say "loose fitting underwaist", then, shall I?

Black Bart

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Opsa

Teddibly naughty, Bartie dear. I say: that reminds me- I wonder if we could bother Clementine to bring out a tray of vodka and tonics. It must be four-o-clock somewhere in the world.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on March 14, 2008, 07:49:49 AM
Isn't it boules anyway? The Frenchies would be offended by the implication they only play with one.

It was a typo, but then I thought leave it, how nice to offend the French.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

DaveL

Would anyone be interested in a tour of my vast tobacco estate? Morganthrop will saddle up the horse and cart at once.

The tobacco leaves are in full bloom and my forced labourers are in good cheers, since I increased their rations by half a slice of bread.

We shall conclude with a picnic by the river.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Bruder Cuzzen

Capital idea there , old chap ! Capital !  The weather is most agreeable for it  .

Pachyderm

A little post-prandial constitutional is a wizard wheeze. Just the ticket for the old digestion. I'll just fetch me gun, you never know what you might find lurking in the hedges. Got a left and right of peasants, the other day. One was diggin' a ditch, t'other was puttin' up a fence, or some such. Gave 'em sixpence each afterward, and jolly happy they were with it. Salt of the Earth, the old British peasant.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

beagle

"Bartie, we must not hire beaters that look like grouse!"

Black Bart

Blast those Scottish Gillies, they all look like Capercaillies on a bad day! 
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Pachyderm

Not quite, old bean. Those jolly old Highland outdoor types look like a capercaillie on a good day. All bare, chapped knees and red hair, don'tcha know. Deuced handy to have when a fellow is out and about potting deer, though.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

DaveL

I dare say Lady Chatterly had a penchant for associating with the lower classes.

She used to pay a Gamekeeper in the woods a visit for a chat and a cup of tea.

:-X
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!