News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Obituary of the late Mr. Common Sense

Started by Pachyderm, February 08, 2008, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Isn't divorce by text message legal in some places?   :P
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Which places?  Cyberspace?

(it maybe in Sharia law - doesn't the man simply have to say I divorce you and it is a done deal?).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

He has to say it three times.

My former landlady/neighbor's husband tried that. He found out quickly that in a community property state, that's not going to work...especially if your bank VP wife has had everything (EVERYTHING, cars, house, your office lease) put in her name and you never noticed or cared.

She sent him home to his Daddy in Saudi Arabia, and ended up with everything PLUS his medical practice (he employed 2 other physicians) and a half million dollars from his father to ease her transition to the shame of divorce...
This sig area under construction.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on February 11, 2008, 04:56:30 AM
He has to say it three times.

My former landlady/neighbor's husband tried that. He found out quickly that in a community property state, that's not going to work...especially if your bank VP wife has had everything (EVERYTHING, cars, house, your office lease) put in her name and you never noticed or cared.

She sent him home to his Daddy in Saudi Arabia, and ended up with everything PLUS his medical practice (he employed 2 other physicians) and a half million dollars from his father to ease her transition to the shame of divorce...

LOL!  That made my day (what's left of it).  I love it when a smart person hands one over on an unsuspecting bigot.  Clearly, it never occurred to that misogynist that she was smarter than he was.... LOL!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

QuoteClearly, it never occurred to that misogynist that she was smarter than he was.... LOL!
Infidel! Heretic!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677