News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Prioritizing Home Improvements

Started by Sibling Chatty, December 13, 2007, 03:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

It looks very posh now, Opsa, and should be a lot more rainproof.  The treetops seem level with the windows - are you on a steep slope?

EDIT:  I see on the first one you have a plaque saying 'tree fort'.

Darlica

Yes, the after pic looks absolutely lovely.  :)

Will you be using the porch during the winter months?
if not it seems like the perfect place for hibernating plants!  :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Lindorm

Very nice improvement.

And I bet the porch can be a really good greenhouse to start plants off in early spring!
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Opsa

Thank you!

Yes, Th'Opsalette made a plaque that says "Tree Fort" but we haven't put it back up yet. It is mildewy from the moisture. The porch is not on a slope, but up above land level by about six feet. With the trees I planted outside, it feels like a tree fort in there.

Yes, we will use it in winter, and I do intend to overwinter some plants in there. I'm guessing it might be a good place to watch a snowfall. The little electric fireplace (if you can see it) actually heats the room, even though it has a phony fire. I got it for a play for $15 at a yard sale, but it works like a charm.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

That's a very nice space you have there.

If you do put wintering-over plants in there in cold weather, the plants'll need more water than usual-- heated air is much drier than the cold air it used to be (before heat).  So you'll want to watch that closely until you get used to how much extra water they want.   Of course, the cooler temperatures slow them down somewhat too.

I was going to suggest a humidifier for winter, but plants work automatically and are much more enjoyable too.  :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Very nice! Looks like useable space, year-round.
WWDDD?

Roland Deschain

It looks so much better now, Opsa. Sometimes you need a little change to freshen things up. I find it always makes the place look like somewhere new.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Opsa

Every day we get through with hope still intact is a triumph.

Oh, yes Opsa... mos' def'nit'ly and heartily a resounding yes.