News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Prioritizing Home Improvements

Started by Sibling Chatty, December 13, 2007, 03:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Dan and I have been trying to decide which of the 5,000 or so projects we need to accomplish to even begin to get this house in shape will be the first.

He'll be working 2 days a week, so there will be less time, but more funds...

Decision made. The second bath is a MUST. He had a virus. Now I have it. If one person is in the loo, the other person is left to regurgitate into--whatever. NOT a good idea, especially since it's always me with the whatever...

I'm thinking it would also save laundry costs in the long run. ::)
This sig area under construction.

Bruder Cuzzen

Excellent choice .That was my original intent here so I could upgrade the main bath , but funds are low and there are four others in the house now .
Renos would have been much simpler when it was just me and Fritz here .

It was lonely though , for me as well as Fritz , he loves company and I loathed to leave him alone everyday for so long .

My friends/tenants have been little help.
They have become 40 year old teenagers to me

Rent is always late (only C$300 per month),  i wish my expenses were so low and I'm picking up after them to boot.(Gonna raise the rent if they don't shape up)...looks like I'm gonna raise the rent .
One of the "kids" has been six months behind for the past year .

I know what is going on ,where their money is going ,  I just haven't the heart to ask them to leave since they all have a common decency and morals .Their addictions are to strong and they lie to me and themselves...oh well , i'm babbling on....bye for now .

Sibling Chatty

Start the discussion with "I am not your Mama, I didn't take you to raise. ANY of you. You either keep to your rental agreement or you find out how soon your Mama will take you back, because I am not morally obligated to support you in the style to which you'd like to become accustomed."

Voice of experience... :snark: You feel like :whip: but it beats being :help: from dealing with supposed adults that have entitlement problems and want YOU to pay their way. It may be time to :mop: clean house, no matter how hard it is.  You are not responsible for someone else's bad choices.

:pat: :hug:

Bruder Cuzzen

Thanks Chatty ( how I love smilies ). I'm going to show them the above post hehe.

Griffin NoName

Hey, we could start a smilie post service for dealing with all our problem people.

I need some for certain relatives !
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

There's a list of X-rated smilies we'll need to get...

Griffin NoName

We'd have to make sure the squidlings didn't have access to them.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Hey-o. Resurrecting this thread to say that we got a little money from Mr. Ops' Dad when he died last spring. We are trying to be careful with it, since we are still not rich, just a little less broke!

Anyway, one of the things we've wanted to do but couldn't was to put glass windows on our small back porch. It is only about 9x15, faces north and looks on the back yard. It has a knee-wall, topped by screened openings. We like it out there, but the rain comes straight in. During hurricane Sandy it poured in, and we changed the towels on the floor many times as they became sopped. In the winter we have always put up plastic sheeting to insulate, but of course these look tacky and by February the winds have loosened them and they flap loudly and keep us awake.

So, we decided it might be a priority to have glass windows put in, the kind that can be raised or lowered according to the weather.

We engaged a reputable company a couple of months ago, and today they are finally here to put the windows up. I am excited, but am staying away from them, so they can do their job. This was expensive, but I hope it will help.

Darlica

You know we want before, under and after photos, right?
;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Excellent, Opsa, I'm sure they're going to make a difference.

Griffin NoName

It's great to be able to do such improvements. Enjoy!
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Thanks! I do happen to have a "before" photo, which I took during the hurricane. I'll get an "after" when the workmen leave, if it's still light enough then.

Opsa

:UPDATE:

Below (hopefully) are the before and after shots.

The top is during Sandy, note the blowing shades, the towels on the floor and the rug up on the loveseat.

The bottom was just taken. Hopefully we will not have to rearrange the porch now every time it rains.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host