News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Where have all the pirates gone?

Started by anthrobabe, July 23, 2007, 12:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where have all the pirates gone?

They aren't gone
Someplace else or TOP?
They are not gone- they are hiding- raiding accident - the authorites would like to speak to them-and all.
Darn! Now how am I going to get my IOU paid.
What? The pirates are gone?

Opsa

Quote from: Black Bart on November 19, 2007, 01:47:05 PM
In the UK it is the V sign which apparently originates from the Welsh Longbow men who if captured by the enemy would have their bow fingers removed (ouch).  So they showed the V sign to proove they still had their bow fingers ready to shoot down enemy knights.

Yarr, that be fascinating. Which one is the bowfinger then?

Black Bart

Arrrr...ye has ta try shootin some arrows ta find out!

careful nobody be near!!!

I had a go on holiday last year...I was hopeless.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Griffin NoName

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! It be h'encouraging ter 'ear BB be useless at the two finger sign !!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

You have to be careful that you don't accidently re-write history.  I believe that story about the archers is true.  However I put some total rubbish on my Dwyle Flonking website about Richard III being a keen Dwyle Flonker and the next thing I knew, they were quoting it in The Observer!

Griffin NoName

:ROFL:

It's also on www.libraries.vic.gov.au !! 

You are perverting history. For shame.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

Which bit is it on?...I couldn't find it. 

Griffin NoName

http://www.libraries.vic.gov.au/downloads/Victorias_Virtual_Library_Digital_Collection/cybrarian.htm

part way down page, complete with ref. to Ricky Three.

Where's your flonkin' page?
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

They've got the link to my site on that page but it's a defunct link...the new link is:

http://web.mac.com/antonyroberts/iWeb/twerps_dwyle_flonking/Welcome.html

Black Bart

Sadly they haven't held a Dwyle Flonking tournament since Princess Diana died...nothing to do with her tragedy it's just that there is no one at the pub to organise it.  I created my website to try and publicise the sport (sport in a very broad use of the word), it's great fun as you can see from the pictures.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on November 23, 2007, 11:54:50 PM
Sadly they haven't held a Dwyle Flonking tournament since Princess Diana died...nothing to do with her tragedy it's just that there is no one at the pub to organise it. 

A likely story. No wun ter organise it huh? 'an they disappeared arownd.... wen?  Ye do know ther be an inquest on don't yer? Oi'm 'opin' ther be a reward fer infermashiun loike that.

Meenwile, bak at ther Flonkin' pictuwers, be this wot ye call fun? Ye 'avin' a larf?

Aaaaaaaaargh! me cabin boy set me firewall ter block them picchers. Yaaaaaaaargh!
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Arrrrrrgh...Ye has found me evil Pirate Headquarters and Clonin facility...don't let on to the authorities on any account or I'll be up before Judge whatsername all over again!

Opsa

Black Bart

This relates to a line of humour on the Verganza Forum but hopefully people will find it funny on here as well:

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: Opsanus tau on November 20, 2007, 06:17:08 PM
Quote from: Black Bart on November 19, 2007, 01:47:05 PM
In the UK it is the V sign which apparently originates from the Welsh Longbow men who if captured by the enemy would have their bow fingers removed (ouch).  So they showed the V sign to proove they still had their bow fingers ready to shoot down enemy knights.

Yarr, that be fascinating. Which one is the bowfinger then?

Sometoimes I use me three middole fingARRs! ta fire me arrows....an sometoimes uh juss use me index an busness fingARRs!...( but then dats juss me) .

Opsa

Arrrggghhhh, it's good ta sees ya BC, ya son of a sideswiped sea serpent!!!!