News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Ah, yes Aweedram. Fine stuff. Mixes well with soda.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Opsa

As long as we don't have to mix with the hoi polloi, I'm sure it will be just dandy.

Roland Deschain

Indubitably, old chap and fair lady. One must endeavour to be ever so frightfully proper at all times.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Opsa

Endeavor yes, Lord Deschain, but not so much as to perspire. We let the help do that for us.

Bluenose

I say, Lady Opsa and Lord Deschain,  who's up for a game of Tiddlywinks?  I'll get my man to bring us all some Pimms to keep us going in case it gets too exciting, eh what?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Roland Deschain

Indeed, my lady. One must never exert oneself when the help is available.

Jolly good show, sir, jolly good show. One's tiddlywinks are past masters at winning.

Opsa

Goodness gracious, I do hope you brought the gold ones. I'd hate to chip a nail.

Roland Deschain

Nothing but the best for you. This is why one only travels with the platinum tiddlywinks.

Opsa

The Platinum Tiddlywinks? Didn't we go to a dinner party at their Sao Paulo house last March?

Pachyderm

Opsa

No, ducky. That was the Titanium Biddlespoons. They had the pool shaped like a pile of money, remember?

Pachyderm

Ah, yes, of course. And the very friendly stable girl..., ahem, talented, Ai mean...

Opsa

Indeed. A lovely child, as I recall. So helpful. But slow, bless her. It seems to me it took her Quite Some Time to help you with your paddock boots. And they still didn't look very neatly tied. Not that I'm criticizing, of course.

Pachyderm

Ai always have me paddock boots lightly tied. Got caught with them laced up all neat and tight, once. Damned Pathans came over the hill, waving swords an' spittin' fire, didn't have time to change into me campaign boots and the Adjutant fined me for bein' improperly dressed. Said Ai was a "damned disgrace to the Regiment", and that "If Ai wasn't being given a medal for saving the fort, he'd make sure Ai was transferred to the Madrassi Sappers and Miners".

Still, worked out well, Ai taught his horse to roll over whenever it heard the word "gin"....

Bluenose

Haw, haw, haw...

You are indeed a card, Lord Pachy of Dermis
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.