News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How long have you been logged on?

Started by Aggie, July 01, 2010, 12:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Aw, Swato, you and I have done a grand job, with a little help from Zono and one or two others. The two word story and last post have grown and grown.

How great to see you Beagle. You have been missed. Though I assume the free time is due to a change in family circumstances for which I send condolences.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Beagle! So good to hear from you!
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 11, 2015, 01:59:14 AM
How great to see you Beagle. You have been missed. Though I assume the free time is due to a change in family circumstances for which I send condolences.

Thank you.  Yes I've now run out of parents, and relatives in general in fact. If I had the energy it would probably be a good time to breed some more, but I'll probably do the Telegraph crossword instead.

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on June 11, 2015, 05:45:50 AM
Beagle! So good to hear from you!

Thank you. I'm glad you remember who I am; it's all a bit of a blur to me.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on June 12, 2015, 11:12:57 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 11, 2015, 01:59:14 AM

Thank you.  Yes I've now run out of parents, and relatives in general in fact. If I had the energy it would probably be a good time to breed some more, but I'll probably do the Telegraph crossword instead.

The Telegraph crossword is so much easier than the Guardian's. :mrgreen:

I have certainly missed my old sparring partner.

It's a huge responsibility being the end of a line. I am the last too, as my children took their father's name for some unfathomable reason. It would all be so much easier if one could place an order for the right sort of offspring - the seen and not heard type perhaps.

My father is still with us - very nearly 95. I think he is too busy running the care home to consider moving on to other realms.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 13, 2015, 03:55:48 AM
The Telegraph crossword is so much easier than the Guardian's. :mrgreen:

You think?

I suppose all the typesetting errors in the Grauniad make it more difficult.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Thanks for the link. I shall try the ancient crossword when I have more (actually some or any) energy.

I do admit that when really stuck on a clue in the Grauniad crossword, I do start worrying about typos.

There is a distinct difference in the apparent mindsets of Telegraph and Grauniad setters and I usually cannot fathom what the Grauniad ones are on about, whereas The Telegraph (and the Times too) I can usually complete.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

More than four times of what I have...

115 days, 9 hours and 34 minutes

...cheater.

;)

Swatopluk

I don't use bots, just an egg-timer to remind me to refresh (F5 wise).  :mrgreen:

Griffin NoName

I never refresh, which is probably why I smelll bad.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

My personal hygiene (except the hands) also leaves something to be desired.

Griffin NoName

Hehe I got my carer to help me have a bath on Monday (I can no longer get in and out without help and despite having acquired an expensive bath chair* free still have trouble geting in and out).

* have always thought of them as ghastly ugly bits of disabled kit with no good (artistic) design features. But actually they are great fun. I love pressing the button and getting slowly lowered down and later rising up as if by magic (of course electricity is involved, it is not really magic).
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

A more meaningful metric would be the number of posts, and in that one Swato reigns supreme.