News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Wealth

Started by Griffin NoName, October 28, 2013, 03:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

This fails to shock me any more.  :-\ :P

Hate the rich? Quit buying shit from them.

This year has been awesome for bartering and give-give friendships.  Even though I haven't gardened nearly enough, I've had a fresh supply of naturally grown, small-farm eggs and veggies, in exchange for the fruit that grows without effort in my yard, plus some building materials I picked up at a garage sale for pocket change.

I know it's not viable for everyone, and harder in cities, but also co-producing instead of just earning and consuming gives me some hope that it's still possible to carve out a sustainable niche in a way that's not 100% reliant on industrial supply chains, and therefore not focused on shoveling more money up that mountain. It's win-win; both sides get essentially free stuff and since it's not a financial transaction, it's not taxable.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

It didn't shock me either. Just interesting to see it laid out like that.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Especially if you read it as Money = Power (which it does). Any guess why the world is in the state that it's in? The people who are most capable of making change are focused on clawing out what little is left in your pocket.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

There's a bill going through Parliament at present that was supposed to prevent lobbyists having to much power. Instead it is worded in such a way that it will have the effect of preventing charities (who operate on piffling amounts) putting out any material during the year leading up to an election by setting a legislated limit on spending of about sixpence on them during the year leading up to the election. So, power, yes the Tories certainly know how to make money=power. This is a direct attack on FREE speech. It's really really scary. This govt. is evil. I despair of democracy.
Psychic Hotline Host