News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Scale of the Universe

Started by Griffin NoName, August 28, 2013, 03:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Wow. That was a bit mindbogglingly... in a good scientific way. :D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Fascinating. It took me a moment to figure out that I needed to move the blurp along the bottom bar. I liked the music, too.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Cool take on the old film "The Powers of Ten".

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

WWDDD?

goat starer

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

I don't really understand why there's a dinosaur that's about the size of three T.Rex's.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 04, 2013, 02:30:53 AM
I don't really understand why there's a dinosaur that's about the size of three T.Rex's.

Tyrannosaurus rex was big for a predator, but not for a dinosaur in general.  Think of the difference in size between a very large pure carnivore like a lion or a tiger and a very large herbivore like an elephant. Plant eaters get large enough to simply outsize their predators.  It's usually fairly efficient to do so, because food is everywhere and once you are big enough to be predator-resistant, you don't need to be very fast.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Now I understand why we have an obesity problem in the UK. The govt. instructs us to eat 5 portions of vegetables a day.
Psychic Hotline Host