News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Guess the Movie

Started by Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, December 11, 2006, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 15, 2009, 09:39:59 AM
More guessing: Brotherhood of the Wolves, The Necklace Affair, Liaisons Dangereux, Farinelli, Le Roi Maudit?
There you have it:

The innocent lady

The metaphoric architecture

The friends & family dinner

and the undeserved focus of attention.

Your turn.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Me neither (only Company of Wolves)
Let's see what nice obscurity I can find. Maybe an anime again.

A general question to our regular participants: Were are your strengths as far as movies are concerned and where your weaknesses? I have a lot of East Asian (without Bollywood) movies that are interesting but the game isn't that much fun, if I am the only one who has ever heard of them here. Me choosing the Nazi Vampire last time was an exception (I knew nobody had seen it) because I assumed that it would be easy to google (and I had mentioned it on the forum already).
I am of course rather shocked that even newer English/US movies or true classics pose so much difficulty, you Philistines!  ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Well, remember I cannot get to the cinema so have to wait for films to come on the TV..... hiring them went out the window with my limited ability to get there and back or get to the post office to return them even when they do come out quickly on DVD. As to buying, not enough money.

I can't do any cartoon or animation except One Thousand and One Dalmations, Jungle Book, and Toy Story I. ;D

EDIT oh and of course King Kong

I can't do most non-uk-non-us films except for early stage up to around Aguiirre Wrath of God timeish of which I have a smattering mainly French but not exclusively.

I can't do much sci-fi.

I can do a lot of old black and white, although whether I recognise them is another matter.

I can do obscure and arty type films popular with those who went to film clubs in the 1960's ;D

I can do some action thrillers but not many; mostly I avoid "action" anything. I can do other types of thrillers, mystery, crime, psychological. I can do relationship type films and human conditionish. I can do quite a lot of novel & play conversions and drama. I can do certain directors, and certain actors genre...... but obviously I am not going to say which.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Well, Les pactes des loupes was released worldwide and have success considering, I thought someone here might have seen it.

Personally, as much as I would love to know more about certain periods and regions of cinema, my knowledge is mostly restricted to the anglo-american output of the past 30 years or so, with some so called 'foreign' movies peppered here and there. I admit my ignorance in the classics although I'm trying to correct that .

Opsa

I really don't get to the cinema much these days, as I live out in the boondocks. I sometimes make an effort if the film is really arty and interesting. Occasionally, I will go with the Opsalette. (We'll probably see "Up" soon.) But I love older films, from the 1970's on back to the dawn of film making.

Swatopluk

I have prepared something really nice :mua:
But I have to upload the pictures first

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Picnic at Hanging Rock?
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Is John Wayne in this one?

Opsa

Whoa- are those horses dancing?

Bruder Cuzzen

Swatopluk

None close yet. No, John Wayne is not in this one (unless he is one of the zombies ;)).
No, there are actually no zombies in this movie

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x97/Swatopluk/PDVD_001-16.jpg
Hello, I am the bad guy! (at least at this stage)

Griffin NoName

He seems to have one trouser leg rolled up  :o
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And having a bagpipe in his arms.  :o