News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Guess the Movie

Started by Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, December 11, 2006, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Wrong era. And literature not history.

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Jane Eyre?

I'm assuming that the name is the name of the female you keep showing us. Also that Charlotte Bronte was very forward thinking writing for TV.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Completely wrong era.
But you're right that the female character's name is also the title of the movie.

The most famous of all Danish directors wanted to do this film with a certain actress but never managed to do it. An even more famous director from another country made his own with said actress not long after the death of Dane #1. Another Dane, these days likely even more famous at least among the common audience, took up the old script and adapted it for TV. The images posted are from that TV production.

Griffin NoName

I can't decide what era it is. Chain mail was popular for a long time.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The round pommel could be classic (Roman/Greek). I was thinking on a classic Shakespeare but none of the dramas seem to fit.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bluenose

I'm thinking the story is earlier than medieval. I am sure I have not seen this movie, but looking at the photos I wonder if this was a movie version of one of the Greek tragedies?  If that is the case then the most likely candidate as far as I know would be Euripides' play Medea, as that has been the most popular of the Greek tragedies over the last few decades.  Still don't know the movie, though so I could be completely on the wrong track.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Lars Von Trier? Did he manage to make the original more awful? (I like his cinematographer and his flow is good, but his misanthropy is hard to swallow).

Swatopluk

He moved the setting from Greece tu Jutland and struck some chorus scenes from the Dreyer script but otherwise kept it as it was.
And if you know Dreyer films, you'll know that the pacing will be very slow.
But the Pasolini film with Maria Callas as Medea is not an action flick either.
Neither would appeal to your common youngster  :mrgreen:

---

Now, will anyone else pose/post a new challenge before I come up with another obscure one? ;)

Griffin NoName

Probably not.

Rereading my post and Zono's just after I thought of Pericles, and then Medea, then saw Blue's post and now don't know if I did guess Medea or caught a glimpse of Blue's post without being aware of it. I will never know.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 14, 2015, 06:59:54 PM
Now, will anyone else pose/post a new challenge before I come up with another obscure one? ;)

Please don't wait on my account.  I really had no idea about the film, I just got lucky with a guess and a bit of deduction that could easily have been total BS.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

I am unlikely to  find the time to transfer stills from watching a film. It's fiddly and I am finding I don't have enough time in any day ever now.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I have a candidate obscure enough (hopefully not too obscure) if you prefer.

Swatopluk

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Give me a bit, I have to find the DVD and take the screenshots.