News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Piratical Proverbs - Let's cross Zen with Arghhh

Started by DaveL, September 21, 2007, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Basically, follow yer old Capting, whack 'im on the head wif a shovel, and nick 'is stuff! Much easier.

No yesterday, no tomorrow, and no today.
Sheng-ts'an

Sounds loike a man fond o' his rum!
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

pieces o nine

Cap'n Sun T'zoo said:  By means ov water, an enemy may be hintercepted, but not robbed o' all 'is belongins (hunless they be summat yer really wants).
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Black Bart

Arrrr...I aint feelin very wise today, every time I repair me garden fence panels a force ten gale blows em down again...

In the words of Zen Titchmarsh...

he who repairs fence without lookin at weather report shall reapeth the wild wind in the morrow
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

YArrrr...

He who cohabits a room with Big Ron without checking what's he's eaten 2 hours previous, shall reapeth wild wind immediately.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Pachyderm

"Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon."

Oi fink 'e's met the missus...

"When you seek it, you cannot find it."

Dat's why Oi made a map...

Black Bart

Quote from: Pachyderm on March 23, 2008, 07:41:49 PM
"Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon."

Oi fink 'e's met the missus...

"When you seek it, you cannot find it."

Dat's why Oi made a map...

Arrrrrrgh...I went to bed wiv a Dragon once...

her usband was furious!
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

Wise is the Pirate that enters Madame Chantal's 'The Count of Monte Christo Room' on a full stomach.

For thy specified number of days until thy next meal are unspecified.

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Pachyderm

Water which is too pure has no fish.

But it's only pure because there are no fish. Leastways, Oi nevvir did see a fish haul out onter the land fer a crap....

Since it is all too clear
It takes time to grasp it.
When you understand that it's foolish to look for fire with fire,
The meal is already cooked.

Oi allus looks fer foire wif me eyes. Well, one o' them anyway. Bit o' a schoolboy error, that.

DaveL

Blessed is thy dugong and manatee, for their womanly shape doth make a lonely pirate think of many wicked things.

Kissing those whiskers shall snap their wandering minds back to reality quick smart.

DaveL

Blessed in thy nice pink frilly frock. For it doth make thy gentle feminine side emerge after many long months at sea.

Blessed is thy nice thug waiting in that dark alley for pink frock wearers to emerge. For really they are just jealous!

nefyuBB

rrrrrrrrzenrrrrrrrrrr
zenrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzen
rrrrrrrrzenrrrrrrrrrr

HOKAY  I DUNNIT !

DaveL

Blessed be those that check their still pipes regularly.  For there is nothing better playin with yer bits, before ye start producing contraband. 

Opsa

Do not seek the truth. Only cease to cherish opinions.
(Real Zen quote, and a dandy.)

Do not seek my gold. Only seek to cherish your neck.
(New piratical proverb)

Pachyderm

A paragraph should be like a lady's skirt: long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to keep it interesting.

Akshully, Oi don fink that wun needs much changin'.

Aggie

WWDDD?