News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

More hard-right pushback

Started by pieces o nine, December 27, 2011, 07:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Jewish gender segregation campaign turns violent

It is distressing that we have so many well-documented studies -- some of them quite old -- proving that the better a society treats its females, the better off it is as a whole, and yet! There are *still* frightened, angry enclaves all over the world trying to put the wimmins in their place, dammit. Here's just another one, made all the sadder to my mind as this nation was artificially created as a haven for those who were oppressed quite cruelly, under the excuse of deeply held religious beliefs of others...

>:(

I grew up indoctrinated with the idea that religious freedom (and matters of conscience) must *never* be tampered with by the larger society, let alone government. But the older I get, the more I think that the world would be better off if every man who righteously bemoaned contamination from girl cooties could be ['magically'] isolated from any and all contact with females whatsoever, for so long as he lived. Shades of The Gate to Women's Country,  but I wonder how long it would take to breed out such tendencies? A long, long, long time, no doubt.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

If they want to live in segregation among themselves there is precious little that can be done about it, BUT, the moment they want to impose their so-called beliefs on everybody else, they are crossing the line. I usually think of the Amish in that context, they live their awkward lives in peace and they don't try force their thinking on people outside (sadly the women inside don't have as many options).

Let them create kibutz-like compounds and live as such if they so wish, but back off from the rest of civilization.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

^^ Zono&P09 send them all into enforced separation - sans wives. I'd never heard of this before, very sad to read, shocking.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

It made the news here too a few days ago. Beware us Whateverhigherbeingtheremightbe from a coalition of these forces from all the major religions (The Fundiban Front). Fortunately they usually hate each other for their essential identical views. Caveat: esp. Kristian(TM) fundies occasionally praise the deeds of their Muslim counterparts (e.g. trying to make The Gay a capital offense), usually in the style of "even these subhumans deceived by Satan follow the Lord in this, showing how even more evil the Libruls are in not doing so".
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.