News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Wiki-Fu Tournament

Started by Aggie, September 13, 2009, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Quote from: Agujjim on September 21, 2009, 09:48:57 PM
*temporal, not mental - I think you're likely older there unless you feel a frequent urge to hurl yourself off objects taller than you are while astride a 30-odd-lb chunk of aluminium. ::)

I've managed to sublimate that urge up till now.  I'm saving it for last.

But I'm bang up to date with music; currently getting into Nirvana.
The angels have the phone box

Aggie

Quote from: beagle on September 21, 2009, 09:54:36 PMBut I'm bang up to date with music; currently getting into Nirvana.

Case in point. I started getting serious about the '90s around 2005, despite being a teenager through the grunge/alternative years (was busy with the '60s & '70s on vinyl at the time). 

I'd recommend the Pixies if you haven't hit them on the way - Kurt Cobain was trying to make a Pixies album when he wrote Nevermind.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

I've lost the will to live. And barely made a dent in the tax return. Please proceed without an entry from me.

And hey, the Beatles are Fab.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 21, 2009, 11:11:10 PM
I've lost the will to live.

I hope the game is not the cause! (dealing with taxes might very well be) :P

WWDDD?

Aggie

As far as I'm concerned Swato has the win, and as the new referee may start the next round at his leisure.
WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Agujjim on September 21, 2009, 10:18:17 PM
I'd recommend the Pixies if you haven't hit them on the way - Kurt Cobain was trying to make a Pixies album when he wrote Nevermind.

Strangely enough I actually did them years ago (probably around the time of Fight Club), but still sometimes inadvertently hum "Where is my mind" or "Monkey gone to heaven" during boring meetings. (Not to mention using the "Don't worry, everything will be fine" film quote when referring to new functionality I'm not sure about).

60s and 70s Floyd/Doors is my "normal" environment.

Swatopluk

Vera Lynn has not just managed to get back into the charts at 92 but also to kick the Beatles from #1  :mrgreen:

The next stop of the wikipedia train is

Hanuman

starting from Apple Inc.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

If only I'd paid attention in R.E. I might know which Hindu gods had apple references, but as I didn't it's a boring country link again.

Apple Inc
China
Religion in China
Hanuman

Swatopluk

That's one shorter than mine

Apple Inc.
polycarbonate
extrusion
terracotta
Hanuman

Does wikipedia have a complete list of all Hindu gods? To my knowledge there are several million of them on record and who knows how many more are worshipped in just small remote areas. Are there more species of beetles or Hindu deities? ;)

Aggie

I can't see a way to beat it - will be gone for the day and could possibly match, but that's not a sure bet.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I just looked up the wikipedia entry for List of Hindu deities. It begins like this:

QuoteThis is a list of Hindu deities. Note that according to some Hindu literature, there are 330 million (including local and regional) deities,[1][2] not all of which can be listed.
:ROFL:

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Probably as well. If I remember my A.C.Clarke correctly the stars start going out if you read the complete list.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on September 22, 2009, 06:16:44 PM
.......the stars start going out if you read the complete list.

.....but since they haven't gone out, that must prove that multiple gods were created at a singularity ?
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

The few General Relativity primers I read were mute on the point. However they probably agree that gods inside classical singularities can't be hairy, which isn't going to go down well with the Taliban.