News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Wiki-Fu Tournament

Started by Aggie, September 13, 2009, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I suggest making it a bit easier, going from A to B is hard enough to have to step by C in the middle.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Limit to basic wiki-fu?  OK, we can do that.

I liked the idea of waypoints because straight A->B paths are proving to be very short, and the path lengths don't differ much.   Also, there's little motivation to submit an entry if you can't beat the first one posted (whereas using waypoints allowed meaningful ties).  But I do want to keep this fast and fun, so A->B might be best.

Basic Wiki-Fu

1. Starting at the Destination Article from the previous round, find and post a path to the new Destination Article by following links contained within each article page. 
2. The path must be entirely clickable from article to article - one-way links to a PREVIOUS article in the pathway do not count.
3. The shortest path wins.
4. A winner is declared by the 'referee' (winner of previous round) when it appears that no more entries will be received. The winner becomes the referee for the next round and supplies the next Destination Article.
5. If two paths of the same length are provided, the FIRST person to submit a 'shortest path' is the winner and becomes the referee for the next round.
6. Duplicate paths are not permitted.
7. Players not able to beat a previously entered path are encouraged to post their paths anyways, or declare a 'fold'.
WWDDD?

Aggie

I'll close the last round and start a new one, if I haven't lost y'all:

Keystone Species

to

Obfuscation    :P
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

We'll leave this round open for the weekend - approach at your leisure.
WWDDD?

beagle

Keystone Species
Salmon
Japan
Names of Japan
Obfuscation
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Ah I didn't know "obfuscate" counted as a link to "obfuscation". None of the instances of "obfuscation" I found (and I found plenty) were actually links. Sour grapes and pedancy.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

There's still time for an entry.  ;) Anything you can click on is fair game, as long as it'll get you to the next article.  Click-click-click-click... 

I had an equally hard time finding links, but I think Search turned up a variety of suffixes.
WWDDD?

Aggie

Round is now closed.

Next round:
Obfuscation

to

Apple (as a bonus to the computer-literate, I will also take Apple Inc. as a destination, if that helps).

Paths in should be easy on this one, provided you can get out of Obfucation.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Obfuscation
propaganda
astroturfing
Apple Inc.

Aggie

For a runner-up position:

Obfuscation
Text-based (computing)
Graphical user interface
Apple Inc.

I suspect Griffin of Beagle can top this, even though it'd require a single bridge-word.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

I will look later as I have to do RL at preset.
Psychic Hotline Host