News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

New Documentary Series

Started by Sibling Chatty, December 30, 2006, 08:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Back at TOP, there was a documentary team that wanted to do a documentary on the 'beginnings" and growth of That Movement. The lead researcher was a scientist named Victoria Bruce, and a good deal of their work has been science oriented.

As you probably know, The Power That IS there chose to not cooperate with any documentarist, going instead for Book Sales $. However, I got to know Vicky quite well, and talked with her on the phone a number of times, as well as e-mailing quite a bit.

I got this e-mail today:

I've just finished shooting a Pilot for PBS called SCIENCE INVESTIGATORS, where I'm one of four hosts. The show is one of three science pilots that PBS will stream from the internet ( http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/si ) and air in January with the hope of getting viewer feedback.

The show that gets the best viewer feedback/comments (and pleases the brass at PBS) will be made into a 10-part series. So please stream it—or watch it the old-fashioned way on January 10 (details below).   Then go to the PBS website and give our show superior marks! (I'm confident you will love it : ))

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/si/

Please pass this along to friends and family who may be interested.

Thanks so much, and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Vicky

Science Investigators airs
Wednesday, January 10, 2007,
8:00-9:00 p.m. EST.

Science Investigators is a new and groundbreaking television program that takes a 21st century, cutting-edge approach to the subject of science. The show will provide solutions to a series of scientific mysteries in a fresh, captivating way. Full of information told through compelling stories, the series is presented by four young, lively hosts armed with the latest gadgets and technology, who make this a science show with attitude for the blog generation. In the first episode, we ask: What can DNA from a more than 30,000-year-old Neanderthal man tell us about ourselves? Are vanishing frogs an early warning sign of hazards to come? Why is the knuckleball one of the most mind-boggling pitches in baseball? And will bacteria be used to power iPods in the future? We also tell the moving story of an injured Iraq war veteran searching for a better bionic arm. Finally, we ask whether NASCAR drivers are ready for a new kind of racecar—one that's all electric.

Science Investigators is a Lion Television and WGBH Science Unit Production. Executive Producers are Chris Bryson, Nick Catliff (British Academy Award winner), Tony Tackaberry (History Detectives, a top-rated PBS summer series), and Susanne Simpson, Academy nominee and Emmy winner. Hosts are Basil Singer, physicist and robotics expert; Victoria Bruce, geologist, author of the best-seller No Apparent Danger; Kevin Hand, astrobiologist at Stanford and Princeton universities; and Bahareh Azizi, biochemist and lecturer at Georgia Institute of Technology. Executive-in-Charge is Paula S. Apsell, Senior Executive Producer of NOVA, the most-watched science documentary series in the world.

Sounds interesting, and Vicky's a lovely person, so please support her if you can.

Thanks,
Dee Dee

This sig area under construction.

ivor

Something like NASCAR crossed with Mythbusters would be pretty entertaining for an American audience.  Not saying that's what this is but I will be watching.  I have always liked science entertainment.  I am a Mad Scientist at heart.  ;D

Sibling Chatty

Vicky's program was on this past Wednesday, EXCEPT in the Central time zone, where it was pre-empted by the Dim son and his little Festival of Clueless Idiocy.

Thus, I have no copy of it...and on this (not my) computer, we're ummm--video challenged. ::) ::)

If anybody got to see it, tell me about it. I'm hoping to be able to download or watch it eventually, but that'll take some time, as we're a one computer(with wonky video card) family for a while.

Vicki is a sweetheart. She's helping get my computer fixed.

I am truly blessed with such wonderful friends, who feed my mind with books and my spirit with lovely gifts, and even my computer with power supply/motherboard/cases!!

ivor

It was a great show!  It wasn't nerdy.  It was interesting and cool.  I really liked it.

Sibling Chatty

YAY! I figured Vicky wouldn't be nerdy.

Hope the series (with her hosting) gets the full go-ahead. She's definitely a cool person.