News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Why Cats Can't Taste Sweet

Started by Aggie, January 22, 2012, 07:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Moufette was never one to pass up a nice, cold iced tea...

Dom prefers Earl Grey served hot.    :cup:   :catroll:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

This is interesting. I wonder what's in "sweet" cat treats, such as those Cat chocolate drops, that attracts them. I'd often wondered why a cat (or a dog, for that matter) would have a different form of chocolate to humans. Now I know why.

My dog loved chocolate, although he'd mainly have the doggy chocolate drops, rather than human chocolate. Not that he'd ever stick his nose up at human chocolate. He used to love it so much, it would make him drool just thinking of it (read: begging for it).

Quote from: pieces o nine on January 24, 2012, 02:57:36 AM
Moufette was never one to pass up a nice, cold iced tea...
Hi Mr/Mrs/Ms O'Nine. I hope you washed the glass after the lovely Moufette finished drinking. :giggle:

Quote from: pieces o nine on January 24, 2012, 02:57:36 AMDom prefers Earl Grey served hot.    :cup:   :catroll:
Just like Captain Picard? Dom sounds awesome!

To be honest, when I first saw this thread's title, I had thoughts of an entirely different nature, such as "Just add sugar to the pot."  :o
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers