News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Bilge Birds

Started by Aggie, May 12, 2010, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That's why you should only eat free range vegans.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Cooking vegan isn't easy - but they're so tender!

:mrgreen: ;) ;) ;)
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

A favorite park back in Wiscaaaaahnsin was infested by home to enormous herds of a flock of seagulls (non pop-stars branch of the family). One day my 'Little' and I were enjoying a picnic when I observed an extremely large-wing-spanned creature hovering about 2 feet above my head, according to my shadow. (She was waiting for me to either notice the shadow or the bird with the fascination tweens have at seeing adults in potential peril.)

"Is it the Holy Spirit?" I asked her.   ;)

"I don't think so," she laughed.   :D

So we moved to the safety of the car and held future picnics at seagull-free locations. The first seagull or two are kind of neat. After the third or fourth hundred thousand, they start losing their appeal...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Seagulls can get really nasty, esp. if they find a person helpless. As far as I know crows and other corvids usually wait until a potential large food source is dead. As countless horror stories of shipwreckees tell, seagulls don't. And they start with the eyes.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

Seagulls, like most other successful breeds of animals (including humans) are opportunists. :-\ ;)
There are horror stories about a lot of different birds. Here stories and superstition almost lead to complete extinction of our ravens, them being a symbol/omen of bad luck as they where said to congregate around the gallows before an execution among other things.

I like seagulls, but they do belong in the archipelago or near lakes not in the cities living on trash. :(
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Swatopluk

I love the call of the Laughing Gull* in the morning. It sounds like hilarity.
But the standard seagulls looks better.
Albatrosses look even better but they are rare in these parts :mrgreen:

*Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)

Darlica

When I was a kid I used to call Laughing Gulls "Chocolate Dipped Gulls" I thought they looked like they had dipped their head in a cup of drinking chocolate. ;D

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Swatopluk

They simply put the wrong head on in the morning :mrgreen: