News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Bilge Birds

Started by Aggie, May 12, 2010, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

I wonder if dummy eggs would fool them enough to keep further batches from being laid?  I could probably render the current two non-viable if they are not already (have been sitting out of the nest for a few days).
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Actually that is a technique used to prevent excessive egg laying with many pet birds, so it should work.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

While you're at it, make some booby-trapped eggs.   :explode:  :mrgreen:

Aggie

That'd startle 'em, but where would I get booby eggs?

WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Aggie

Finally evicted those nasty bilge-birds today.  They have been looking rather well fledged lately, and I've suspected they could fly, but despite pushing them to the edge of the balcony, they haven't made the jump.  Today I caught one shitting on top of my BBQ (lid), an impossible climb, and the jig was up - took after 'em with a broom* and they managed to manically flap and stumble their way to another balcony.  They must have had practiced, as they were able to hover and attempt to get back on the porch. 

*prodding and shooing, I didn't whack 'em.

The eggs disappeared in a windstorm or due to clumsy siblings, I think; need to destroy and bleach the nest nook now.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Nuke the site from orbit... :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: SwatoNuke the site from orbit... :mrgreen:
Come on, Swato, that's a bit extreme!  Just leave a suitcase nuke under the nest.
BTW what about a so-called neutron bomb (fusion direct by chemical explosives without the fission stage)?  It would do less damage to the balcony.  :mrgreen:

Aggie

No need to use nuclear WMDs - adding a little muriatic acid during the bleach-out should do just fine.  :mrgreen:

WWDDD?

DaveL

Went to a Chinese resturant in Sydney a few weeks ago.  It was a banquet and the dishes were coming out thick and fast.  As the guest of honour was an elderly Chinese gentleman, the dishes lent more to the "non-western" exotic dishes.

After navigating through eating jellyfish and sharkfin, the next dish that came out was poultry of some type.  As it was deep fried and coated in 5-spice, my first impression was, crispy fried duck.

That was until I saw the deep fried head! It was staring at me on the platter.

It was Flying Rat.

mmmmmmmm...

Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Aggie

LOL, rat-head fritters - did there be fish-head stoo?
WWDDD?

Darlica

Dove/pigeon can be really tasty. However I doubt that eating city pigeons aka. Flying Rats can be considered healthy... the woodland variety should be fine though.

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Are you telling me that those organic, free range pigeons aren't good to eat? ;) :mrgreen:

Aggie

Free range maybe, organic - no.  They eat lots of human food scraps.

...and I'd never consume humans, have you seen what they eat?  :o
WWDDD?