News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Griffin NoName, September 11, 2007, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

I am going through my new batch of Icelandic DVDs.
Currently films by Hrafn Gunnlaugsson, his Raven Trilogy to be precise
The guy seems to have a wee dislike of organized religion given how the high clerics are portrayed in his Viking films :mrgreen: And the portray of king Olaf Tryggvason in The White Viking is probably a bit too close to the historical character for comfort. The guy was known as an expert torturer.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

The 5 o'clock news. Talk about torture!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

We watched the new season of House of Cards in Netflix with my son over the weekend. Machiavellian at it's worst.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

A re-captioned clip of a movie, comparing my father to Hitler, as done by one of his friends.  It's very funny, but NSFTFM. ;)
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Schatten(1923), a masterpiece of the German silent film era

Swatopluk

I just came back from the cinema where I watched Maleficent.
Unfortunately, the only way to see it in the original language AND unabridged was in the IMAX costing me about twice the standard fee.
All other cinemas around have the FSK6 version and usually in German. Even the cinema I was in put the FSK6 version on all other screens, although in English. FSK12 (equivalent to PG) was obvioulsy seen as bad for business. If it had been up to me 2D would have been sufficient but I am not willing to support this kind of 'market cuts'.
I read the uncut version (even advertised as that) will become available only on Bluray while DVD buyers will have to swallow the cut version. It may be only 40 seconds difference but here I stand on principle.

About the movie: I quite liked it but it is not a must-see. And whatever one thinks about Angelina Jolie as an actress, this role was made for her. I agree though that a few more scenes for her to display wickedness would have been nice.

Griffin NoName

Maybe not a must see, but I would like to see it. Since I can't go to the cinema I have to wait for new films to come to me. Sometimes I can get them ob my BT Box (see electronics) - sometimes I'll look on BlinkBox etc. Very very occasionally I'll buy a DVD, but it hs to be rock solid excellent film.

I just watched a rerun of a Fawlty Towers episode. It was the one where a psychiatrist was staying in the hotel. I was rolling around creased up with laughter, til it hurt, totally exhausting, I had forgotten just how wonderfully funny they were. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0578593/
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Warty Towels, Watery Fowls, Flay Otters, Fatty Owls, Flowery Twats, Farty Towels

And don't mention the war!

Griffin NoName

I think it was the Watery Fowls episode. :)

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

The Hunger Games

A kind of Sci-FI versionn of Lord of the Flies.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

The first 4 episodes of Samurai 7 (anime adaptation of the Kurosawa classic)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

I am a fugitive from a chain gang(1932)

Griffin NoName

Hard Candy - for the second time - great film - do men like it?
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Is that the one where the seemingly innocent girl turns the tables on the presumed pedophile leading to a final drop from a great height?

---

Jewel Robbery(1932)