News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Happy International Women's Day!

Started by Aggie, March 08, 2007, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

What about July?

Why not make it a whole No Pants month? ;D

I'm back..

Opsa

We may have to make a seperate Toadfish no-Pants Day for the southern hemispherians. July's got to be mid-winter for them. Still, they're a pretty tough bunch.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

And they even had pirates taking part in it.

Well, we have two choices now; either get along with the date they have set up, or make up our own "Toadfish No Pants Day".

I'm back..

Aggie

May's not bad (fall in Oz, better than picking a total summer/winter date)....  to encourage wider participation, though, I'd like to see kilts included, plus skirts and shorts - shorter is better!  Also, even though it's not as funny (esp. for students) moving it to a Saturday would help a bit.
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

We should make our own line of shorts and underwear for that day.

With toadies and pirates on it.

(What's wrong with Friday as the No Pants Day? I don't care for the day, I can even go with Monday if necessaery. And I'll need to get myself a kilt)

EDIT: I have found quite nice skirts for men on-line, but they're way to expensive (200 CHF and above)  :(

I'm back..

Aggie

I guess it's just because the weekend is my traditional 'no pants time'.

Based on this morning, maybe we should schedule a 'Naked Salsa Day' on a Friday.  :devil2:
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I guess you'll just have to extend your no pants weekend by one day. :)

And I don't even want to know about the "Naked Salsa Day", the pictures I got when reading it are horrible (and they don't want to leave).

Btw, I was reading about the No Pants Day on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Pants_Day) and it seem that skirts and kilts are not welcome:

QuoteIn addition to pants, the wearing of other conventional leg coverings, such as skirts and dresses, shorts, and kilts is also discouraged.

:(

I'm back..

Aggie

Yes, that's one item I have issue with, mostly from the perspective of actually getting people to participate.  There are a limited number of folks that will wear their underwear about....

I forgot that the University of Calgary has a rough equivalent... Bermuda Shorts Day, which is BIG 'round these parts (mostly Uni kids, though).  It's the last day of classes every year in April...
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Let's have a "No Pants, But You Can Wear Skirts Day" then...

Or "No Pants, Just Skirts Day".

Although people are still a lot homophobic in these parts and me wearing a skirt might be misunderstood. :)

I'm back..

Opsa

Naked Salsa Day sounds dangerous. You don't want to get any Salsa on your ...erm... tamale. That would really smart. Then what would you do? No margarita's gonna help that.

Aggie

Oh, I was talking about dancing, not food!

Just to clear that up. ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Naked Salsa dancing may be even more dangerous that getting hot sauce on your what-not.

Sibling Chatty

No Pants Day had better allow nightgowns...

If all goes right, I will be recuperating from my clinical trial, and will be hanging about in my nightgown a LOT.

Ummm, sorta like I do now.

(Shorts, gotta be able to wear shorts, bike shorts or boxers!)
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Hmmm shorts huh! Was going to suggest a baby doll nightie but couldn't actually visualise you in one !!!!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand